St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Regina

St. Dymphna, I suffer from anxiety and an eating disorder. I recently started wearing your medal and have been asking you to intercede for me to Jesus. I have gotten so much better in the last three months. Please, continue to pray for me so that I may break free from the bonds of this disorder. Blessed St. Dymphna, pray for us!

2. robertburford

St Dymphna help all and any of my family members who suffer from depression and learning disabilities. Please cure them and help them to cope and survive until the Lord comes in glory.

3. dymphna

I remember wen I was lookin for a confirmation name.i wanted a rare and unique name and it wad most important I share a connection wiv d saint dat bears d name I choose.i picked up a book on d history of saints and jst browsed tru d names.i had 3 picks n den I read d story of st dymphna n immediately I knew dts d name I wud bear.most pple wonder ow cum I bear d name and wat it mins bt she inspires me.to my lovely guardian saint pls heal my Uncle of his mental illness, calm the bitter ones in myfamily and give dem peace, give me emotional guidance and peace and most of al I ask dat d spirit of ange b erased from me...im glad ur my patron saint...

4. lissy

Please Dymphna, in the last two years I've been suffering from anxiety. Whenever I am in unfamiliar situations or locations I start panicking involuntarily. I ask that you say a prayer for me, and help me when I play in unfamiliar soccer fields. Help me to keep calm under stress, to keep my heart beat steady, make my dizziness and nausea subside, and give me strength, especially today. Help me to feel calm.

5. ijeoma

Please saint Dymphna help me get over this anxiety, abnormal thought and fear, so that i can live normally again. Trusting that you can help me out and i will also tell people in such situation about you when i am healed.

6. Norma

In the name of Jesus, Please, St. Dymphna, intercede for my son Alex who is struggling with a mental disorder. We are not even sure what it is but he struggles so much to be normal. If it is an addiction, please Help him get over it. I believe that if we are not so enveloped in this problem, we can do much work for the Lord in helping others. But now most of our days are about this horrible problem. I'm desperate, I have no answers, Please Help!!

7. emily

St. Dymphna, i pray to you asking for help. I have problems that aren't just hurting me, they are hurting the ones i love the most and they deserve to have a daughter that doesnt hurt them in this way. Please, i am not the only one suffering and it only makes the disorders worsrn. I pray to you and the Lord. Have mercy and help. Amen.

8. Michelle

St. Dymphna please hear my prayer, please pray for my son Mico to heal his autism problem, please heal his mental anxiety, social and behavioral problem so that he can live a happy life.
    In Jesus name I pray, amen

9. Dan

Hmm... Dymphna, what a coincidence really, from what I have been told it is likely you who I have been seeking for when I mostly needed my angel. Yet not sure if it's you, while I did heard a soft and gentle voice, not sure if it was you though. But whatever, whatever happens I shall be waiting and seeking my search for my angel, if it is not you, I don't mind, but I will surly remember you for it sure is a coincidence this turn of events.

10. Judy

Dear saint dymphna I ask that u pray with me for the healing of my oldest daughters mental condition of anxiety, obsessions, ADHD, social anxiety etc.... Please pray that her mind will be healed and she can live a happy , peaceful, productive life . Please help God hear my prayers I worry so much about her mental state
    Amen

11. Theresa

St. Dymphna
    I have been looking to find you as I truly need you. I can not go on needing the medications I take. I want to be free of them and strong as you were. Please help me not need these things in my life, and help me to feel normal and not weak with mental illness as you were strong. I will pray for you, show me that I can live normal without medications and a weak mind. Pray for all the ill and the ones who don't understand it.may god bless you

AMEN

12. lmf

Please Saint Dymphna pray for me. I suffer from depression and anexiety. I am on medications and trying to stay strong. Please Saint Dymphna let my anexiety lessen along with my depression and I just want to feel happy again and strong enough to deal with this disease along with your help and the help of the Lord. God Bless all who suffer from the same ...I shall pray for them.

13. Jen

Dear St. Dymphna,
    I pray for my husband who suffers everyday from depression and anxiety, may he find peace and joy in his life. It's been too long...
    Also for my daughter as she suffers from her depression and eating disorder, may she find strength to fight her demons.
    I just want them both to love themselves as much as I love them
    amen

14. Patricia

Dear Saint Dymphna please pray for my grandson he has been diagnosed with depression & SCHIZOPHRENIA DISORDER. It saddens me & breaks my heart to see him like this. He has been in the hospital 3 times this year as I write this he is in now. He begs to go home to be with all his family but he knows he has to be there to helped. I'm not fully understanding this illness but I'm learning & praying a lot for him & all the people with this horrible mind altering disease. Please pray for Jesse to block out all negative thoughts and regain the strength to help himself. . Amen Bless You

15. Maria

Dear St.Dymphna, Please pray for my youngest daughter that she gets relief from her depression and anxiety and that she does not develope schizophrenia. Please pray for my oldest daughter that she find relief from her schizophrenia and that her medication continues to work so her and her two children have peace in their lives. Please pray for my son who suffers from addiction that he findes peace in his sobriety and continues on the right path.

16. Eileen

Please God and everyone reading this and the beautiful saint. Please help me rid myself of this horrible anxiety about my health. I'm so tired and I want my life back to become a good loving person again and not be so selfish. Ill prayer everyday Lord if you help me with this. My Father passed away in November and I missed him so dearly and I think that's why I have been having all the anxiety. Please I need your prayers and blessings

17. Lissy

I found the prayer and novena to St. Dymphna on the website and I have red the story of this saint and it moved my heart. I started the 9 days Novena prayer to st Dymphna for my daughter,she was going through an immotional tribulance. After the Novena my daughter is much better now. thank God and thank to St. Dymphna for interceed for us and help us. I gave the prayer to my friend and she is doing the novena now. Thank you Jesus.

18. CONNIE

I JUST FOUND THIS SIGHT AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL OUT THERE THAT ARE SUFFERING FROM MENTAL ILLENESS, MY SON HAS BEEN ILL SINCE HE WAS 16 YRS OLD WITH BI-POLAR MANIC DEPRESSIVE AND SCITSOPHRINA DISORDER. HE IS NOW 48 THO WE HVE BEEN IN CONSTANT PRAYER FOR HIM WE JUST RECENTLY FOUND ST DYMPHANA, I JUST WANT TO SHARE THAT OUR JOURNEY WITH HIM HAS SUSTAINED US ALL BY PRAYERS AND NOVENAS,GOD HAS ANSWERED A LOT OF OUR PRAYERS FOR HIM . HE FINALLY IS IN AN ADULT HOME IN OUR TOWN WHERE WE SEE HIM VERY FREQUENTLY. WE HAVE A PRAYER GROUP EVERY WED AT 3 PM AND SAY THE DEVINE MERCY AND PRAY FOR ALL WHO HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS.
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND YOU ARE ALL IN OUR PRAYS

19. Mary

Dear St. Dymphna & all those reading this post.
    Please pray for my mother who tried to kill herself a few weeks ago. She struggles with anxiety and depression and is plagued by dark thoughts. Please help her to find relief so that she can enjoy peace of mind and return to leading a normal, rewarding life. Thank you for your prayers and support.

20. Nichole

Saint Dymphna, Holy Mother Mary, and the Holy Trinity
    Please pray that my anxiety is cured. I dont want to feel this way anymore. I want to continue living a full and happy life with my amazing husband and 2 beautiful children. I pray that the strength to make it through this difficult time is granted. I continue to pray and ask for strength.