St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Pavlov's Cat

Thank you St. Dymphna for your intercession; may I never give you cause to be ashamed.

2. Rachelle

this is a very hard saint to do, but this is a very helpful website!

3. Rachelle

this is a great website and saint!

....NOT

4. Pegalomania The Artsqueen

I am a recently confirmed Catholic and appreciate the history of devoted women in the church. I am hoping to visit Belgium, so my sister mentioned
    Saint Dymphna located there.

5. breanna

how do you know what saint to pick its so hard!!! their is too many great saints to choose!!!

6. Starr <3

JUST LOVE LOVE SAINT DYMPHNA! :)

7. michaela

Does anyone know how to pronounce her name? although she is not my patroness, i speak with her daily. she is wonderfully gentle.

8. myra

My Catholic school teacher told me that when you chose your confirmation name that you really weren't the one choosing the name they chose you.....i am very grateful to St. Dymphna for letting me have her name as my confirmation name...i have seen in the past few years why she chose me to have her name ..

9. Crystal A.

I've recently heard about Saint Dymphna. I'm quite fascinated by her already; I hope she will help my soul be at ease. Iíll always pray fervently for the mentally ill and with her help I hope it will make a big difference in this world.

10. g.gouglas

This is very dadly written

11. Robert

St Dymphna, thank you our Lord has blessed us with reconciliation.

12. Beth Fabor

In reference to Julie Marquez,
    It is never too late to ask for God's help in any matter. For He listens to every request offered unto Him. The fact that you are willing to begin now is wonderful! The power of prayer is more marvelous than you or I can even imagine. Take heart and pray for your daughter. The Lord will listen to your every plea.

13. Julie Marquez

I being a Catholic have just heard about Saint Dymphna. My daughter has severe Epilepsy which nothing in modern science is helping. Am i to late to ask for Gods help?

14. sasha

she is my patron saint and i love her story