St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Gina R.

St. Dymphna, please grant me the strength to overcome my anxiety and panic. I will pray to you everyday for myself and all people who suffer like I do. Grant us peace in our lives and take away all our anxiety so we can feel better agian. Amen.

2. Celina

St Dymphna-please grant me strength to continue to be empathetic to those I serve on a daily basis. Grant me wisdom and the ability to soothe the best I can with what I have been blessed with. Amen.

3. carolita ornelas

I discovered St. Dymphna in 1989 the Year of My First Episode of Depression. Since then I have Kept her near my heart. I Pray to here often to give me Hope. Thank You St. Dymphna I Love you.

4. Ashley

I am choosing St. Dymphna as my confirmation name and I love her story. I am so happy she choose me to have her name too. She really does inspire a lot of girls and help teh sick. I pray to her every night.

5. Emma

St. Dymphna is a truly inspirational saint. Her bravery and dedication to faith is amazing. Thank you Saint Dymphna for letting me have your name as my confirmation name.

6. M

st. dymphna, please help me. sometimes i think i'm going insane.

7. M

St. Dymphna help me, i think i may be going insane sometimes.

8. Joseph

Please pray for our oldest brother Manuel, as he suffers from a brain disorder and has regular seizures. Pray, our whole family (Mom/Dad/Siblings) prays together is the family that stays together. Amen

9. Frances Havlak

Please pray for Marion Cook-he suffers from mental illiness. He has tried to take his life twice and he has no family. He lost his grandmother,father,mother and brothers.

10. Rose

Please pray for my son who has been battling depression and ADHD for over 9 years. He is on the verge of restarting his life and just needs help to get over this hump. Please heal him and help him be all he can be.

11. Katherine

Wow, her story is amazing, I'm using her for my confirmation Saint. This site is really helpful.

12. Donna

St. Dymphna, Please help my son
    who was diagnosed with depression back in June, get over his problems and help him get back on the path he was on way before all of this started. I know this a big year for him, his senior year in high school, so he is going to need all the help you can give him and then some. Help me and my husband through this hard time too. We are all really going to need your strength and support. Amen.

13. Mary

Oh, please pray for my brother who wants to end his life. Please let him find hope and the right medication to bring some joy into his sad life. Amen.

14. Chris

St. Dymphna, Please intercede here for my son Joseph who is depressed and suffers anxiety. Help him find faith and please help him with his emotional problems. Please help me and my husband with our anxiety and bipolar disorder to balance ourselves. I believe in your intercession through God

15. Christine Attanasio

St Dymphna, Please watch over my son and help him with his anger, anxiety, depression and let him find an inner peace to resolve his emotional nightmare that he is going through. Please give me and my husband the strength to endure his bipolar disorder. Please keep us well and please let his job not be in danger. Please bring a special friend back into my life once again in God's time. He was my sanity and I believe my soul mate.

16. Kathy

St.Dymphna, please help Matt to replace anger with peace and grant him the wisdom to understand that this too shall pass. I pray, amen.

17. Ellen

St. Dymphna, Interceed on the behalf of my daughter-in-law's mother. She suffers from emotional problems and is a great concern for her family. Grant her peace. Amen

18. sara

St. Dymphna, my Saint,

I pray to you for help and to give me strength, as my eating disorders have resurface and my bi-polar disorder is trying to "win". Please, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

19. Linda

St. Dymphna, Please intercede and offer my prayers so that J. a man suffering from a complex form of depression can heal and experience the blessings and peace of a sound mind.

20. holly

dear dymphna please help me i am very nervous all the time. some time i can not go to work. and i need my job for my family and i.i pray to you please help me live. thank you