St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Dymphna,
    You know that you are my favorite saint and that I pray for your intercession daily!

2. kiki

Ive been looking for you and I found you today, of all days on your feast day. I pray for my brothers mental health and for all of those who suffer from mh please I invoke your aid now and forever with the grace of God.

3. Maureen

St. Dymphna,
    I commit my entire family to you today on your feast day. I humbly beg your intercession for my son Finley and commit my entire family to our Lord in your name.
    Please help us beloved child of God.
    We ask this through your intercessions this day and in the Holy Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

4. Anrico Soriano

Thank you St. Dymphna. Through your intercession, intercede for all suffering from
    emotional illness. St. Dymphna, pray for us.

5. Robert Laity

St Dymphna has been a very faithful friend and help to me. May GOD bless her abundantly. What a sweet soul she is.

6. Michael Varger

Dear Dympna, today is Sunday, 15 May and it is your Feast Day which I celebrate every year with Holy Mass, rosary and dinner afterwards at an Irish pub in the charming city of Melbourne. Since 1983 you had been part & parcel of my everyday life without which I couldn't have come thus this far. I owe you so much for so long that in Heaven I will embrace you and thank you with tears of joy. THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU

7. dymphna mcguire

st dymphna, please look after all those who suffer from depression.

8. James

St. Dymphna,

Please pray for me and members of my family who suffer from mental disorders of various kinds. May we be healed on your feast day this year, which by chance this year is also the World Day of Prayer for Vocations. I have been wondering whether I am called to the priesthood, but I believe I must be free of mental and physical disorder before I can seriously contemplate steps in that direction.

9. Margaret

Saint Dympha please pray for me for my panic and anxiety disorder. I am also a hypochondriac and with all the off and on pain in a specific area in my body I have been so stressed for 3 years now. Intercede for me to be healed of my pain and lower my anxiety.
    I also pray for my cousin Arica who also has severe panic disorder causing her blood pressure to be high and heart to race too fast. Intercede for her too St. Dymphna!

10. mikeL

I love that picture of "Diiffy" with her halo. Where can I get one of those?

11. Chodi Mercado

Dear St. Dymphna, I ask for your intercession, together with Mother Mary to pray for my mom. She had strokes 5 times and suffer from depression, she is now well though sometimes she feel depressed. May the Lord God give my mom the strength to overcome loneliness and doubt. Let my mom live in happiness and peace with us as we shower her with our love. I believe in you St. Dymphna. In Jesus name we pray. Amen

12. Daniel

I decided to write this message after reading one by a follower who is asking St Dymphna to help her find the right medication. There is no right medication. We have to learn to live our life with the courage to face the difficulties we encounter along the way. All medications have side effects that can actually worsen the situation we find ourself in. I have a friend who wanted to commit suicide after being prescribed medication to deal with a depression. She felt depressed when she was told she had cancer and she had every right to feel depressed. What she had to do was deal with the problems, not hide from them. She finally did that when a doctor helped her get off the medication that had been prescribed to her by another doctor known for his way of dealing with drugs. I am sure that St Dymphna can help you find the strength to deal with your problems in ways that are non pharmaceutical in nature. Do not pray for a life free of anxiety, fears and stress. Pray for the courage to accept those problems we all face at times and to never stop seeing and feeling the beauty that surrounds us all no matter what. May St Dymphna be withh you all in sickness and in good mental health.

13. Kat

St. Dymphna, I come to you to humbly beg your intercession. Please, gracious martyr, help me to overcome the sadness, anxiety, and depression that threatens me and my family. Also, dear saint, please pray for my brother Daniel. Help him to overcome the depression he also feels. You were chosen by Almighty God to be the patroness of the anxious and mentally ill, and to you I will turn to ask your prayers for me and those I love to the Lord God. Amen.

14. Marcia Hodas

Dear St. Dymphna,
    Please help us, my son suffers from mental illness and i suffer from panic disorder, because of our mounting debt in taking care of michael we have no money Please help us stay in our home.

15. Martha

I havent quite been well lately....tho i am determind to be well and in my mind i am well. True story...My father went to church to pray for me today and light a candle for my well being, on the ground he found a medallion of a Saint, whom ive never heard of. He picked up the medallion and place it in his pocket. Later my mother gave my father money and sent him off to the store , when he came back he went in his pocket to give her the change. He had forgotten about the medallion and proceeds to tell my mother "oh here look what i found on the floor in church, keep it. My mother then shows it to me and says, here ur father says its the Virgen de Guadalupe(mind u the lights r off so u cant really see), i said no its not. I look at the medallion and see that its a saint i have never heard of before Saint Dymphna...So being the google queen that i am, i look her up and as i read i start crying because its says u r supposed to pray to her when u r in distress of a nervouse disease or mental illness...or even when u r simply sick and want to be cured... Coinsidence ??? Never! There is a God there are miracles that happen everyday, i had temporarily lost my sanity half hour prior to this incident, and then a medallion comes into my life and makes me feel warm and loved and that im going to be ok and that everything is going to be just fine... There is a God and i always pray and have faith and love with everything i have to give. So i want to Thank my father for going to that church and praying for me and finding this beautiful medallion that i hold near and dear to my heart... Please keep my family and myself in your prayers.... God Bless!!! I also know that this as a sign for me to pray to her. I havent been able to eat in about a week because my body has become allergic to all foods, therefore my doctor has me on a protein shake, anything that goes in my mouth im afraid im going to get hives and be rushed to the hospital, even water scares me. I pray to her to help me rid myself of unrealistic thoughts, to help me maintain strong and realistic and to not live off that fear or anxiety that i have been having... TY SAINT DYMPHYNA... i love u so much and ty for helping others aswell with the same axniety i have.

16. Geraldine Marquez

St. Dymphna I seek your intercession to Almighty God our Father to help me overcome my anxieties, nervousness and insomnia. I firmly believe in the power of prayer and that you will help me overcome my weaknesses, Amen.

17. Sarah

St. Dymphna, please pray for me. I am struggling with worry and fear and sometimes i feel overwhelmed with these emotions. I want to be stronger in the face of challenges that come with life. I want to be a better person. I want to be excited about my future, rather than looking at it as something scary and unknown. Please pray with me that I will find my way. Amen.

18. ange

St. Dymphna, I pray to you and that you may deliver my message to our Lord. i am suffering from chronic anxiety and depression that doesn't seem to want to dissipate. I want to smile be calm and know that everything in my life and my loved ones life will be fine. Bring peace to my mind, body and soul. Help me to find the right medication to alleve my pain. I want to be a better wife, daughter and sister. Give me strength. Empower me with the Lord's help and yours. I want to live, not live like I'm dying. Amen.

19. Amae

St. Dymphna,I need your prayers,, I'm suffering of deppression today and my boyfriend Lasse..Hope we could survive...Mama Mary pray for us also...

20. Marcia Hodas

Dear St. Dymphna,
    Please help my family, My son Michael and I suffer depression please keep my family safe in our home.