St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Alissa

i was having trouble picking my patron saint at first. but as soon as i came by the name i knew it was perfect she has such a great story and i am sooo glad i found her!

2. Tavia

Dear St. Dymphna,
    Our beloved school needs your prayers. Please pray for all the wonderful people who work in it and for the children who grow and learn within the walls. Please release us from our sadness.

3. Dymphna

my nameis dymphna

4. LMM

Please pray for us my son suffers from mental illness please help keep us safe and in our home. Thank You

5. steph

St.Dymphna, prayer for me and Kenny, help me stay sane, cause I feel like I am losing control. Help Kenny w/ his depression, help him to understand that some of his depression is related to his past & it needs resolution. Help him let go of the past. I too am feeling depressed from being overwhelmed by everything in my life & helping Kenny w/ his. Help me to stay grounded and not lose my mind. Amen

6. Jim

St Dymphna,
    Please help me.I am nervous anxious and depressed due to my marital woes.I am trying everything to help my wife and am willing to give up all my future goals to help her with her goals.She is not happy but I want her to be evn though I feel depressed.Please help our marriage.I never want another divorce.

7. Aimee

Dear Saint Dymphna,
    I need your help in dealing with people and anxiety and I suffer from alot and I need your help! I would like some help and if you can help me with my thoughts! AMEN

8. Lourdes Albina

I have never heard of this wonderful saint. I am coming across numerous hardships in my life which makes me depressed and nervous often. From this moment i request St.Dymphna to pray for me and continue her intercession for me and my family.

9. Rocio Parr

Te pido intercedas por mi Hija Elizabeth, y la ayudes a tener su salud de regreso, a ella la han acabado de diagnosticar Bipolar Sindrome, y su unica mania es el amor a Dios. Ayudala a comprender que si su amor es como ella dice tendra que tomar sus medicinas

10. Liam

St Dymphna, please Pray for all people in the world living with mental illness. Especially those including myself dealing with dissociative disorders. Pray for us, and please pray for the intercession of Our Holy Mother, Mary also.

11. Judy

St. Dymphna please pray for me. I recently had a brain tumor removed and have been fighting depression because the seizures have not stopped. I worry about the seizures returning. Please pray that I will be restored to health and my anxieties will be relieved. I know
    you have interceded for many please pray for me

12. Breda

St Dympna,
    With all your powers put your healing hands on my daughter Laura, help her overcome her anxiety and help her deal with her fears. She is only a child. Thank You

13. josie

St. Dymphna ive called on you before for my mother we lost our father and she feel alone and not wanted she has terrible mood swings and is always mad and angry all the time my children are always afraid to speak to her and my husband and i are falling apart from all the tension ,she moved in with us so she is not left alone but is causing alot of grief in our home i feel if she had some friends or a companion she would be better as she loves being in company and going out please help her i think shes going through a depression after my dads death and im desperate for your help in any way please i feel im caring all the burden and dont want my husband and i to part PLEASE HELP HER AMEN

14. Marcia Hodas

Dear St. Dymphna,
    Please help me find GOOD Psychiatrist for our son Michael, His orginal Doctor dropped him, I don"t know why he is not violent person he is a Good person! Please help us.

15. connie gnesda

I pray for all those affected by mental disorders. My son has severe anxiety and compulsive disorder and suffers from panic attacks. Saint Dymphna I have had you in my heart for years. Please help his mind be more calmer and less angry. I am tired and running out of ways to listen and help him. Please give us strength to get through each day. Give Zak a peaceful mind and calm his fears. In return I shall be devoted to you. Thank you St. Dymphna for those who need you. Connie

16. Laura

St. Dymphna please pray to Jesus for my husband who has PTSD, so that he may learn to live with his condition. Amen.

17. Anna

Dear saint Dympha, I am hopeless with my anxiety and depression. Show me the way to be healed!
    God Bless You!

18. Prospero

Saint Dymphna, I pray that you whisper peace into our minds when we are beset with problems.

19. Prospero

I'm writing a short story about a man with multiple personality disorder and I could not think of an appropriate name for the mental clinic he is visiting. Being a baptized and practicing Filipino Catholic, I searched online for the Catholic patron saint of mental health patients and found her name and used it in my story.

I pray that people who will read my story will be interested in starting a devotion to her. I have used a saint and an angel before in my fiction. I pray that using their names in my story will somehow make people interested in them. And I pray that my actions will not be taken wrongly.

20. Rufus

May the love of our heavenly father be shown and experienced through our beloved saint. May all those who seek her intercession be healed. Amen