Sts. Joachim and Anne Comments

By tradition Joachim and Anne are considered to be the names of the parents of Mary, the Mother of God. We have no historical evidence, however, of any elements of their lives, including their names. Any stories about Mary's father and mother come to us through legend and tradition. We get the oldest story from a document called the Gospel of James, though in no way should this document be trusted to be factual, historical, or the Word of ... Continue Reading

1. arlene

how appropriate that today is the feast of Stl. Anne. My daughter at this moment is in labor and in the hospital waiting to give birth to her baby boy. Please St ann and St. Gerard, watch over her, she is a good woman who waited a long time to have her first baby, I ask this in Gods name.

2. Fr.Joseph santiago CMF, Murugathuran Patty

Both were wealthy and God fearing couple but lamented for childlessness, sterility and barrenness. God listened to their prayers and promised a child. Anne named her daughter 'Mary". So they are the Grant parents of Jesus my Redeemer.Pray for us..

3. Sinikiwe F.Sibanda

Am a thirty-two year old woman due to wear my uniform as a aSt Ann Mother this year,,2011.Am going to have this uniform blessed and wearing it as we celebrate the life of St Ann

4. Erin

My mother Ann, passed away on February 25, 2011.
    She told my dad before they were married that she would like to adopt a child at some point in their lives. Well they had 3 children of their own, and then my mom told my dad it was time to adopt. Well that's how they got me! I believe that my mom gave me my life just like St. Anne gave Mary hers. She told my dad that St. Anne had been so good to her all her life that she wanted to adopt because of her.
    Thank you mom for my life.
    No one will ever know. Never say good bye.
    I will pray for people who are trying to adopt to St. Anne.
    God Bless

5. John Downie

I was informed by whom i now cant remember ,as it was a lot of years ago ,that if you knew someone with a major problem ,either health or other ,that if that pearson had an interview on a tuesday morning ,before 12.00.hrs (NOON) ,AND IF YOU PRAYED TO SAINT ANNE ,on there behalf ,all would be fine for the pearson ,in all the years since ,i have never not had my prayers to her not answerd, please pray to her.

6. John Meng-Frecker

Prayer to St. Anne:
    Glorious and holy St. Anne, whom the Heavens admire, whom the Saints honor, and the earth reveres. The just, the penitent, and the sinner consider you as their powerful advocate before God, for by your intercession the just hope for an increase of grace, the penitent for their justification, the sinners for the remission of their sins. Be, then, kind and generous to me. Pray for me in Heaven. Use in my favor the great influence you have before God, particularly for (here make your request). Obtain my request and grant that I may live always close to God.
    Good St. Anne, mother of her who is our life, our sweetness and our hope, pray to her for me and obtain my request. OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, GLORY BE

St. Anne is also the patron of unborn children.

7. theophilus t shalom

As a child of mary, i try as much as possible to prove to this needful world whom our mother mary is, but there are some certain things i do fined deficult, like Her birt and Her death, i will be very happy, if someone could help me out.

8. Edgar Kafarela M.D.

St. Anna and St. Joachim, don"t forget us, the mankind, pray always before The Holly Trinity for our salvation, remember that Mary, your divine daughter, the Mother of God, is our Mother too!!!!!!!

9. Naomi Nicholls

i love st. ann. in school i am in her house.

10. Princess

Heey everyone i need a bunch of info on st.anne for confermation . i have looked on almost 50 sites and i cant find any info about her

11. Bro Ifeanyi Chrysogonus Manufor

St Joachim and Anne has been a role modern to my christian inspiration. How? The holy spirit have review more behinde their name to me, the genesis of their given birth to our blessed mother (Mary) which draw me closer to attach my faith to believe that am a christian and fighting to measure-up to a standard in being wordlie in the face of my saviour, redeem and creator.

12. Serena

I also chose St. Anne for my saint report for confirmation.

13. Mary Grace

St. Anne is my patron saint. I hope that she will help me get through the hard times of my life and help me to see the good things in life, in myself, and in my friends!

14. Nina Bicandi

I am proud to say that Saint Anne is my patron saint. And i know that i can pray to her for anything and she will always help.

15. Hailey

Can you tell a little bit more in detail about these saints.

16. Bashbash

Dear St. Anne please pray with me achieve my goal i want to build a house and also that my child pass exams at university

17. Antony Collins

St Ann and St Joachim were chosen by God to bring into the world someone worthy to be the mother of His son. Enough said, brilliant saints, i always ask them for help and they always help.

18. Donna Haupt

St. Anne is a very powerful intercessor. Pray a novena prayer to St. Anne to obtain a special favor. She has answered my prayers.

19. Jenny

Dear St Anne please join me in prayer that our adoption goes through.

20. Donna Thomas

St. Anne has been my patron saint for 42 years. Anytime I prayer for her help, she has come to my aid. I believe with her help, all things are possible.