St. Bridget Comments

St. Bridget arrived in Ireland a few years after St. Patrick. Her father was an Irish lord named Duptace. As Bridget grew up, she became holier and more pious each day. She loved the poor and would often bring food and clothing to them. One day she gave away a whole pail of milk, and then began to worry about what her mother would say. She prayed to the Lord to make up for what she had given away. When she got home, her pail was full! ... Continue Reading

1. Sheby

It's almost about confirmation time(april) and I think i will pick her.

2. jessica

i chose her as well for my confirmation name. but what was she known for?

3. Mk

I chose her too I really like her story and it flows w/ my name!

4. vicky

love this saint!! perfect for my confirmation name!!

5. Heather

I also chose Bridget as my saint for Confirmation. I love the name and the way she dedicated her life to God at a young age. The miracles God performed for her aided me in my decision.

6. bridget <3

this page was helpful but it doesn't say anything about her feast day and i would like to see more
    thanks for listening :D

7. Leah Lemmerson

thank you... this was very helpful

8. megster

it is helpful in a way but u need to add a little more info on some of the saints

9. Megster

saint bridget sounds amazing throught this little paragraph but, if u could put a little more info on her it would be even better

10. lilly

saint bridget is interesting

11. Beka

Hi i also went on this site looking for a saint for confiration and i thought that this was beautiful.

12. Desmond

I love this website, thank you.

13. Naomi Granieri

Hi-
    I came to this site to learn about the saint's. The one who my grandmother is named after and also about the one I picked for my confirmation name because it sounded beautiful.

I think I must have heard things in my childhood about this saint, and so that was part of the beauty I was recalling when I picked her name.

There is so much love in the stories of the saints. I imagine they were very fond of people in general and had a lot of good to say about anyone.

14. mary

i have chosen saint bridget for my confirmation name as well. i am amazed at the miracles god preformed for her, by make her unattractive. i found her work inspiring!

15. brianna

Hello my name is brianna rose O`Neill. St. bridget is a pretty name n the saint was very sweet n people r reminded of mary. So I chosen bridget 4 my confirmation name this year.

16. Margaret

As a young girl, attending Catholic school, I happened to read "The Red Book of Saints' Stories" and loved reading about St. Bridget of Kildare. It resonated with me and I chose to name my daughter Bridgette after St. Bridget.

17. Kennedy

I have chosen Saint Bridget for my confirmation name, beacuase she is a strong woman in history, who can have an impact on any girl who feels that the world only sees her for her appearence.

18. Chelsea

hello i want to know what the date of which Saint Bridget was born and the date that she died.

19. chelsea

hello i am an 12 year old girl and i am just about to make my confirmation and i have chosen my saint name to be saint bridget but on the lead up to this i need to do a project on her so i was wondering if Saint Bridget had a prayer like Saint Clare.

20. Alice

I have chosen St Bridget for my confirmation name but i need more information! if you have any more info on St Bridget could you please send it to me!

thnx for your time