St. Charles Borromeo Comments

Charles was the son of Count Gilbert Borromeo and Margaret Medici, sister of Pope Pius IV. He was born at the family castle of Arona on Lake Maggiore, Italy on October 2. He received the clerical tonsure when he was twelve and was sent to the Benedictine abbey of SS. Gratian and Felinus at Arona for his education. In 1559 his uncle was elected Pope Pius IV and the following year, named him his Secretary of State and created him a cardinal ... Continue Reading

1. Beverly Vasquez

OH dear St.Charles. please pray for peace on earth, help my Mom to recover from muscle pain. please help me in my study,

2. Sam

What a great saint!. We share birthdays, in a sense.

3. ifeyinwa ezeiruoma

oh dear st Charles pls pray for me n my sick brother. AMEN

4. carly

helps with projects i dont wanna do

5. corazon

it's my birthday and its your death anniversary. i'm coming to mother earth and ur going home to God. i dont really know u but i believe what was written about you. i wish you could ask God to give me also the gift of knowledge or anything that's all about wisdom and learning. never mind about art, i dont know how to draw but i can mold peoples mind through learning and wisdom. how i wish my request be granted. and of course to live a life full of humility and love. thank you St. Charles and please try to ask God to make me an instrument of his LOVE and PEACE.

6. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Borromeo,
    Humility is the greatest virtue that made you a saint, which I sadly lack! Pray for me to be more humble and please the Lord, as you did.

7. Diane

St. Charles, as patron of catechists, please pray for me as I teach my 5th grade class. Help me to show them the love of God, and lead them to love and want more knowledge and closeness to Our Loving Lord and His Church.

8. hahahaha

st charles borromeo ftw kids

9. charles

thnx for letting me do my project on him he rox!!

10. carmen

San Carlos Borromeo, please help all Catholics to work hard as you did in favor of our church and to be humble and generous as you were. Please pray for us.

11. GARY booktrvler

Very important and impressive saint. I seen his life and such on EWTN with the Lords the evening of NOV 3 and this account really ties in. A very special saint as he did so mcuh starting at a very early age. From the TV show he was also instrumental in the Catholic presence at the same time that Lutherism was growing adn drawing away from the catholic Church. Thank You

12. J. Duncan

A date of birth would have been helpful. In addition, the writer would benefit from a serious course on punctuation. There should be no comma, for instance, between "...reform of the Church..." and "...of the evils and abuses...". If a comma is used here, then the statement after it must be re-phrased. This is not the only example.

13. James

This was very helpful. We are writing reports in school and I chose St. Charles Borromeo. My mom visited his family's castle on Lake Maggiorie in Italy and I attend a Catholic school named after him.

14. caveman

ST.CHARLES ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. jose miguel

i did my saint report fast because of this site!

16. ilovecoc

this is really going to help me do my project

17. bothwayballer

this is my favorite saint

18. mikehawk

i use this site all the time! luv it

19. lacey

This is the BEST website to look up Saints!!!!!! Thanks Guys!!!!

20. jesus

this guy is not interesting