St. Teresa of Avila Comments

Less than twenty years before Teresa was born in 1515, Columbus opened up the Western Hemisphere to European colonization. Two years after she was born, Luther started the Protestant Reformation. Out of all of this change came Teresa pointing the way from outer turmoil to inner peace. Teresa's father was rigidly honest and pious, but he may have carried his strictness to extremes. Teresa's mother loved romance novels but because her husband ... Continue Reading

1. Brittany H

St. Teresa is a great role modle. i believe everybodyh should look up at her. Ps this website helped a LOT on finding information about this Saint NOOOOO LIE

2. Megan

I just found my saint ~!

3. angel

I choose saint Teresa of avila for my school project. I love her so much I have the book of her. My school saint is saint Julie. I can't believe saint Teresa of avila didn't follow god at first but then she did. I guess I have nothing to say again so I guess that's the end.

4. kimberli jordan

This is a person who captures the true essence of what the pure and seeking soul feels like. I am a 58 yr. old woman who spent 14 yrs. in state prison for dui manslaughter. It was an accident. I spent years seeking knowledge of myself and what was truth. This Saint examines the soul. Love is the lesson. Thank you for this particular site.

5. mary laffan

I was recommended to read about St.teresa of Avila many years ago by a priest. I did and recently decided to look her up again. I am so glad I did I really resonate with her comments and some experiences. I will read some more now, thank you for your site, if it wasnt there i probably would have put off trying to find some more material. Kind Regards mary

6. Brittany

I chose St. Teresa as my secand middle name. EVERBODY should pray no matter how sick you are or where you are. Remeber god always loves you.

7. Julia

this is my confirmation saint as of now(: im soo happy whoever put this up here did! thank youu(: i love saint Teresa and cant wait for it to be my confirmation name(:

8. georgina mclachlan

A very moving tribute. I changed my religion a few years ago, and i had chosen St Theresa of Avila, as i really liked the name. It is only now, after reading this article, that i now know why. My life is so like hers, it is very uncanny. For every good deed that I do, someone always comes around to give me a knock. It has made me a more dtermined person though in what I do. I think it was my calling to choose St Theresa of Avila, to help me with my own determination in life. Thank you St Theresa

9. KITA

please pray for me I get many daily headaches and have suffered for quite a while St. Teresa please watch over me and my family ..thank you

10. exercise loss story success weight

You certainly deserve a round of applause for your post and more specifically, your blog in general. Very high quality material

11. pahe

thanks for helping me pick my confirmation name!

12. ?

what was she known for?

13. shore station boat lifts

You certainly have some agreeable opinions and views. Your blog provides a fresh look at the subject.

14. tyra

im doing a project on saints and im doing saint teresa of avila and i am lookin up facts about her. So thats why im on her doing stuff and lookin up facts about her. Bye!

15. Babu varghese

The saint that renewed the church and carmalite congregation. The message that she gives to us is that the more we love God the more we become holy.I consider her to be my own elder sister

16. Dawn

i like Saint Teresa!wowowow!

17. Dawn Lyndsay marshall

I am being St.Teresa for my saint report)hahahahahahaha!

18. Jo

I really enjoyed learning about St Teresa of Avila.
    Such a joy for our lives!!!
    Where can I get her books?

19. Joe E. Christopher

I am very happy that I was able to know the personal history of this Saint. I would also prefer if some of the miracles performed by her to be raised to the sainthood would have been most interesting.

20. James Lynch

St. Teresa of Avila please pray for me that I may be given the grace to not only pray in love, but also to act in love.