St. Teresa of Avila Comments

Less than twenty years before Teresa was born in 1515, Columbus opened up the Western Hemisphere to European colonization. Two years after she was born, Luther started the Protestant Reformation. Out of all of this change came Teresa pointing the way from outer turmoil to inner peace. Teresa's father was rigidly honest and pious, but he may have carried his strictness to extremes. Teresa's mother loved romance novels but because her husband ... Continue Reading

1. Anne

St Teresa, I admire your strength of conviction even when you were faced with such opposition. I ask you to intercede for me that I might learn that through contemplation and trust in God, I will be shown the action to take to fulfil God's will in my life.

2. raquel

you are beutiful and very caring

3. Joseph Mathew

Dear Teresa of Avilla, Your treatise on prayer and its different stages has helped me a lot in refining my prayer life. Since I am passing through a very difficult phase in my life, please intercede for me before Jesus! Thank You.

4. christie

St. Teresa of Avila, I think of you today, I am in need of your kind and powerful intercession on this your feastday. Jesus who was your close friend in life must now take delight in your presence in His heavenly kingdom. I ask this favour, for the miraculous cure for all children born with develolpmental delays. Free them from the torment of speech delays, anxiety, undue excitement and behavioral problems. Give them a true path to learning, progress and independence. I also ask your intercession for all those who stay away from Christ and His sacraments. No real reason, except convenience. Pray for all in financial needs, the jobless and the homeless. Give me insight and inspiration in carrying out mundane tasks. Who can imagine what God can accomplish? St Teresa answer my prayers on this your feastday. Amen.

5. Joseph santiago cmf

She enjoyed great progress in the way of perfection and enjoyed mystic revelations.We need such people to beautify the church every now and then.

6. christie

Dear St.Teresa of Avila, I thank you for giving me the wonderful memory of you that I have, of your ecstacy. I am refering to one of the most outstanding pieces of sculpture by Bernini in Santa Maria della Vittoria, Venti Setembre, Rome. I simply remember it with love and affection. I love your path to prayer, which came to you from Jesus Himself. One that I like to take away with me as my path too is, "No longer do I want you to converese with human beings but with angels." When you were able to do this, God always came first in your life. You also taught that prayer should lead to action. In this, St Teresa, give success to the work of my hands. And you spode to those who feel depressed, "Go some place where you can see the sky and take a walk".
    I thank you dear Saint Teresa for documenting your path to prayer. I too hope to meet Jesus in all these daily life situations. St. Teresa, pray for us today. Amen.

7. Julie Lee

Please pray for my 26 year old son Jordan who is moving out this month to live with his 2 year old daughter Angeli and her mother Christiane who is also 26. Both came from Catholic homes.
    I pray they will understand why my husband and I will not support their lifestyle unless they have a sacramental marriage.
    It is a very difficult time for all of us. They do not seem to understand why I can't take care of Angeli anymore though we have a very close loving bond, all of us do until they move in together.
    It breaks my heart to visualize Angeli going to a stranger to be cared for and plus it is money they don't really have.
    Please help me (us.) Thanks and God bless!

8. Sr. Marion

St. Teresa is a great saint - a woman of prayer, a mystic and prophet. Her books- Life, foundations, Way of Perfection and Interior Caster are worth reading. The Interior castle was written in less than three month's time!!!!!
    i am a Carmelite Sister of St. Teresa. from Mumbai. i have learnt to pray from her advice.

9. julia

If you do something wrong, don't punish yourself -- change... Trees are good enough... great example to live and die in peace...
    thx..!!!

10. Waris Marnettt]\

This was so helpful with our assignment.... Thanx

11. martha lyn

Inspiring, fosters hope.

12. Marcia Oliveira

I love Saint Teresa of Avila , she is one of my favorite Saints , and thinking about her life , it is a example for me to follow , no matter what troubles we get never leave God os stop thinking about him , on our MINDS and HEARTS !!! Thanks Jesus for Saint Teresa

13. viany

i think god is really powerful because god is always fighting for the evil to protects us from the evil ..am i right..!!

14. Paige Wilson

I was working on a religion report on her, and this was a great site to go to. I really reccomend it to any working on a project for her.

15. Tess

IF YOU LOOK AT THE WORD *EASTER* YOU WILL SEE..IT ALSO TRANSLATES INTO *TERESA*. PRETTY COOL HUH????

16. Jane

Notice that "Love" was the focus of her message; that she meditated and communed with the Divine; that she went forth and continued to love her persecutors (as many of them were in her own religious community) and she pushed out fear...with the overarching desire to live a quality life, following a masterplan within her. Each of us have the same saintly DNA. What are you doing with your gifts?

17. Bellaliesia

Thanks For This Blog, was added to my bookmarks.

18. Bellaliesia

I just sent this post to a bunch of my friends as I agree with most of what you’re saying here and the way you’ve presented it is awesome.

19. dyenResty

I find myself coming to your blog more and more often to the point where my visits are almost daily now!

20. dyenResty

Very Interesting Post! Thank You For Thi Post!