St. Teresa of Avila Comments

Less than twenty years before Teresa was born in 1515, Columbus opened up the Western Hemisphere to European colonization. Two years after she was born, Luther started the Protestant Reformation. Out of all of this change came Teresa pointing the way from outer turmoil to inner peace. Teresa's father was rigidly honest and pious, but he may have carried his strictness to extremes. Teresa's mother loved romance novels but because her husband ... Continue Reading

1. Teresa

St Teresa, please pray for us, for all families, especially in this 'Year of Faith' that we may grow closer in our relationship to Jesus.
    In Jesus' name. Amen.

2. Joseph Mathew

St. Teresa, whom we call as 'Amma Thressia' in Malayalam because of your beautiful treatise on prayer life. Your treatise had greatly influenced people like Mahatma Gandhi, who embellished his life with silence and prayer. Please continue to intercede for us before Jesus.

3. Claytonmathieuay

I forgot that your feastday was Oct. 15th. While praying liturgy of the hours, something told me to check feast days, and sure enough, it was your day, Theresa.
    Thanks for the reminder, old friend.
    Please ask Jesus for His blessing on us today.

4. chet bas

happy feast day St. Teresa of Avila. please help me in discipline. please pray for the soul of Teresa Gabucan. thank you

5. Cecilia Johnson

I attended St. Teresa of Avila School in Washington, DC at a time when African Americans were not permitted to attend all White schools, only I did not know about it. We were one of two African American families in this parish and Father Clark was our pastor. Although my eight years provided me quite an experience in Catholic eduction, graduation year, I learn a lesson from "my best friend" that opened my eyes and made me aware that being African American had negative implications among my school mates and the rest of the world.
    I am happy that my parents were insighful enough to help me build strong character, belief in myself and more importantly a belief in God. This faith of beliving in God, the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit sustanined me all of my life.

6. Delia Fonseca

Santa Teresa de Avila;

Te pido que por favor intercedas por mi.
    Sabes que te he pedido por mi hijo y por los contratiempos que paso con el. Te sigo pidiendo mi Santa, que me des las fuerzas y sabiduria necesaria para combatir las malas influencias y que en su lugar riene solo el amor y paciencia.
    Te pido Santa Teresa que me ayudes a ser mas concentrada en mis oraciones.
    Y muy importante, te pido que me ayudes a realizar los suenos de mi corazon, esos suenos que solo yo, tu y nuestro Senor saben que viven.
    En plena confianza dejo en tus manos mis peticiones, sabiendo bien que me oyes y que tu al igual que nuestro Senor, quiere lo mejor para mi.

En nombre de nuestro Senor, Jesus. Amen.

7. Shamil Francis

Dearest St. Teresa of Avila.. I am a student of your school, St. Teresa's C.G.H.S.S, Ekm, Kerala.
    We have the Teresian day on coming saturday..I pray that you surround each one of us, the Teresian family, by your grace and love so that we stand united and make the day a very memorable one and one which renews the relationships we have in the school.We are celebrating our quasquicentennial year..and we need your prayers for its success...We are succeeding gloriously for more than a century...Please pray for our Principal, the teachers and the school leader to give the energy and strength to continue their enthusiasm and love they feel towards each one of us.
    Thank you..thank you..thank you for your prayers..

8. mary

thx u i neeeded this for a project

9. Stella ndu

Pls i need a print of st theresa

10. Gary Limingf

I wish to buy a statue of St. Teresa Doctor of the Church. I am in the Seattle, WA area.

11. michael varger

My Dear Teresa, my life is a living testimony to your inredible power of prayer and I don't know how to thank you for all the blessings and graces the Risen Lord showered me by means of your personal prayers & sacrifices on my behalf. I do not recall you ever having disappinted me and for this reason my heart remains eternally grateful to you. You are completely hopeless at turning away anyone who comes to you asking for your labour of love and unswerving devotion in saving them from their nightmares. Timmy is living a nightmare every day and every day he wishes he would not wake up the next day. Timmy knows not how to pray and religion is alien to him. I am compelled to pray for Timmy and what better way to start than with you. Timmy was born on Sunday, 4th April 1976, to a Finnish family who immigrated to Sydney in 1970. Timmy's father was a hopeless alcoholic drinking his wages away in Sydney pubs and his mother a sober and hardworking woman struggling to feed her family of 6 from her small income as a cleaning lady to wealthy Jewish lady who was also a kind woman. Timmy grew up learnking all kinds of skills to avoid hunger & deprivations and he's skilled in painting, woodwork, hairdressing, and restoration of classic cars and he even knows tayloring which his mother taught him. Timmy was 16 years old when his elder brother, a hopeless haroin addict, talked him into smoking heroin telling Timmy that it was like smoking majriuana and he cannot be addicted. Well, it didn't take too long for Timmy to develop a $400 a day heroin addiction and his life slided into HELL. It was by grace of God that we managed to fund Timmy's treatment and in 2004 Timmy lived a clean life with a well paid job, played sport, restored BMW 1962-1964 cars with great success and life was fantastic. Timmy met and fell madly in love with a young spunky girl who stole his heart (she is very beautiful) unfortunately she's a heroin addict which all this happened just 13 months ago and now Timmy sleeps on park benches of Sydney's public parks living like an animal. Dear Teresa, where there is life there is hope so work your magic with Jesus so that the Lord will deliver Timmy from his hell and restore him to us, his torn and tortured family. AMEN

12. Michael Pagliarulo

I had a dream where I experienced the emotional state that can only be described as eternal bliss. I was in a place that was like a beautiful meadow, surrounded by majestic mountains. I was trying to determine where I was, and came to the conclusion that it must be heaven. I was so happy. I turned my face upward, feeling a deep and holy connection with The Almighty, and simply uttered, "I'm yielded". After I said that, I felt this immediate overwhelming sense of pure joy and peace. It felt so good, I repeated, "I'm yielded". Again, I felt an amazing surge of absolute perfect harmony and union with God. I didn't want it to stop, so I kept repeating, "I'm yielded, I'm yielded, I'm yielded!" Wave after wave of love and comfort and goodness and purity kept sweeping over my being. I realized that heaven is where those who are fully yielded to God's will, find their fulfillment and reward. After I had that dream, I came across this picture of a famous statue of Theresa of Avila. It is world-renowned as and entitled "The Ecstasy of Theresa". The statue depicts Theresa in a passive state, in a pose that is characteristic of a woman wrapped in the most intimate loving embrace of her husband. As a nun, she would have been married to Christ. This sculpture epitomizes the fulfillment known only to those who are fully yielded to Christ. Many people resist God's will. They imagine that He is demanding and impossible to please. They refuse to yield their will to His, under the misguided delusion that our lives would somehow be diminished if we were to give ourselves over to His control. Nothing could be further from the truth. Those who willingly yield to the Lord's will find themselves experiencing the most satisfying and complete love, joy and peace imaginable. I am still learning this myself. It requires faith. It is not easy for humans to trust. We have all experienced betrayal and disappointment in our relations with others. It may seem even harder to trust God, whose ways are so mysterious. But as I abandon my own preconceived ideas and grandiose plans, for His humble plan of salvation, I truly experience a peace that passes all understanding. Theresa of Avila lived for God, as His hands and feet. Doing His bidding, trusting always, that her Savior had her best interests in mind, and would not disregard her willingness to honor Him in humble obedience.

13. Liam

St Terese of Avila was a very good person, i have alot of respect for her! please visit my website at http://www.rsweightloss.com

14. Mary Chenovick

I like to print out some of the lives of the saints but really do not want to print out all the comments. Is there a way to do this? Many times I will read the comments online but don't want to use the paper to print them. Please help. Thanks.

15. Chris

Praying for all those who suffer from headaches, especially migraines. Please if it be God's will help pray to heal Ashlyn, free her from migraines, heal her mind body and soul.

16. charessa

I want to be with you:)
    thank you that there are person like you..

17. spider repellent

Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home. I'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, excellent site!

18. Bielizna

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service? Bless you!

19. unknown

St. teres is my mom's confirmatin name!!!!!

20. Christina

I thank you for your teachings and I ask that you please intercede for me and ask our father to spiritually enlighten my visions and my senses to be able to see and speak the truth and to follow him in his path. Thank you and I love you.
    Christina