St. Teresa of Avila Comments

Less than twenty years before Teresa was born in 1515, Columbus opened up the Western Hemisphere to European colonization. Two years after she was born, Luther started the Protestant Reformation. Out of all of this change came Teresa pointing the way from outer turmoil to inner peace. Teresa's father was rigidly honest and pious, but he may have carried his strictness to extremes. Teresa's mother loved romance novels but because her husband ... Continue Reading

1. David Morn
    5 months ago

I was recently reading a novel called "Contact" and came across a notice about Generalissimo Francisco Franco, who reportedly kept a thigh bone of St. Teresa of Avila in his office to 'intimidate the pious'. Is this true?

2. Eustace Singine
    7 months ago

St Teresa, Pray for me that i continue with my daily meditation to come to only love the Lord as you did, you are an inspiration to this modern world, Let me know the Lord with fear, Love and Trust, I make this pray through our Lord and Savor Jesus Christ, Son of my Living God. Amen.

3. terese belperio
    9 months ago

My mother always told me that I was named for St. Teresa of Avila, not St. Therese the Little Flower. ( Both feast days are celebrated in October.) Attending Catholic school, we only learned about The Little Flower and no other St. Teresa. In reading this article, I was surprised to learn St. Teresa was born on March 28th. This is my father's birthday! I believe that there is more to this than being a coincident. I'm sure my mother never new this when she named me, but I find it is a sign from God. I am 64 years old and have been widowed for 8 years. There is some unrest in my life, but I think learning this info about St. Teresa can console me in prayer.. I need all the Saint Teresa/Therese's in my life to help me be all that I can be for my family and especially for God. True confessions of a depressed woman!

4. Michael Varger
    9 months ago

*** HAPPY FEAST DAY *** *** HAPPY FEAST DAY *** *** HAPPY FEAST DAY ***

My Dearest St Teresa,

Yesterday was Tuesday, 15 October 2013 and it was your Feast Day, and what a fabulous day it was for my family and I. We attended the 10:30 am Mass at The Carmelite Monastery in Kew (Melbourne) and chatted with the lovely nuns and other folks over refreshments and cakes they prepared for their guests. It was a warm and sunny day and not a cloud in the sky, and the birds were singing and flying about the lovely monastery garden. It was a day made in heaven and everyone had a delightful time worshipping GOD and socialising afterwards.

We went to the Epworth Hospital in Box Hill to visit dad who has had two extremely dangerous and complex open heart surgeries in the span of 30 days which he wasn't expected to survive either of the two surgeries, but he did. We poured out our hearts and souls to GOD begging for a miracle for both times and our many friends in Australia and overseas prayed hard and GOD was touched & moved and granted two miracles which saved dad from certain death. How happy we are that GOD saved dad's life twice.

Teresa, you have been an active part of my life for many years, in fact, you and I go back to my early days of youth. I can't thank you enough for all the wonderful things you have done for my family over the years and I am so appreciative of the intense love I feel in my heart for you. I have been told by a wise old Benedictine monk in 1977 when I first stepped into his monastery in Western Australia that life without love is lifeless, and how true this is.

Finally, I want to let you know how much forward I look to the future with you at my side. Every life has its own set of unique challenges and my ones I will encounter with the knowledge and assurance that you will be at my side helping me at every step of the way. You are a great source of inspiration and a model of faith and courage to all.

LOVE IS ALL

5. deborah jones
    9 months ago

Last night I was very concerned that I didn't truelove know how to pray, but that it was necessary for me to learn. I felt that I repeated myself over and over again and again. I felt that my words were meaningless and that i was distracted constantly when I prayed. I read an article in the In Touch Ministries Magazine on another woman's experience with prayer and how it was important for her to set a time to pray and to honor that time faithfully, she said that it took a lot of practice and time before prayer became automatic for her, so i resided to take the same attitude and not to beat myself up over my praying or what I said when I prayed. I prayed and fell asleep. this evening i was moved to turn to EWTN and watch the story of a Saint which turned out to be St. Teresa of Jesus and her story of prayer. In GOD'S eyes and supernatural world there are no coincidences therefore, He answered my prayer about prayer through Saint Teresa of Jesus. She broke down the Lord's Prayer for me and I believe that until I learn other prayers this prayer is sufficient for me to pray continually. Thank You Lord and St. Teresa of Jesus. I'am now interested in reading her books as well as her life Story.
    GBY

6. Okudo Maryannn
    9 months ago

Dear St Therese please ask Jesus to grant me the spirit of conversion as he did for St Augustine. Thank you.

7. Barb
    9 months ago

St. Teresa of Avila - I didn't know anything about you until my spiritual director mentioned you in one of our meetings. I am so glad I found this information about you, and on your feast day too!! I am trying to improve my prayer life and was inspired by your works. Please ask Jesus for a special intention I will make known to you. Thank you for your prayers.

8. Joseph Mathew
    9 months ago

St. Teresa of Avila, you are our dear 'Amma Thressia'. Please continue to remember us in your prayers, as you have been doing ever since.

9. fleet general unknown usmc acmf usnf *****
    9 months ago

15th oct 2013:st teresa of avila jesus ocd pray for us.

10. bessie susanna
    9 months ago

this web info has provided me a better knowledge of St. Teresa and it has inspired me to live like her ie to be a FIRE to Flame up CHRIST JESUS to HIS GLORY. AMEN

11. waithira
    10 months ago

St Teresa, Intercede for me to be present in my prayers to God. For a spirit of prayer like yours.
    Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy spirit Now and forever Amen.
    All Saints prayer for us.

12. Jessica

I am thankful to God for giving us the help and support of saints and patrons and patronesses as St. Theresa of Avila. What is so special is how they love! I pray for you St. Theresa to help me with me the sadness that I have been living for one member of my family. Please help this person by your intercession to find God and find His love in her heart. Please wipe the sadness and confusion out of her heart, as the patroness of headaches. I ask you this because I have headaches, but I try not to complain as I can't prevent them due to stress. Please help me pray for her and be a good example for her and help me turn my sadness into good action. For you, many things were possible through love and devotion; please guide us to lead our lives the same way, in the grace of God. Thank you for interceding and responding to our prayers.

13. Ann

I have only started praying to you this last week . Already I feel all my dreams are coming to life. Thank you .

14. Birthday gift Pakistan

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also Great effort.

15. maria

I suffered from migraine headaches for over 11 years, tried all sorts of treatment possible and available but they persisted, sometimes I had a migraine headache every other day to the point of desperation. I prayed a novena to Saint Tereza de Avila and asked for healing, I havenĀ“t had a migraine for one month now which is most unusual. I know my prayers have been heard and I thank you Saint Tereza for interceding for me. I am so grateful. Thank you. May you continue your work of grace and help many to restore their lives.

16. Birthday gift Pakistan

I really like this website, and hope you will write more, thanks a lot for your information.

17. black widow

i did choose saint teresa for my confirmation and i ask forgiveness for all my sins and a graceful birthing period for my sister

18. lalala125

that was great

19. Christine

Saint Teresa, mi hermana, I chose you as my patron saint for my confirmation because you were a doctor of the Church and a great writer and theologian. God, in his providence, led me to you despite my pride and arrogance.

I never knew that you were prone to gossip and vanity. I am also prone to these sins and I am so glad the Lord put it in my heart to choose you as my patroness.

You know what is in my heart and I ask for your intercession at this time of faith crisis. I was told by Christ himself many years ago that He would cure me. What I didn't expect from this assertion was the cure Christ would give me would come over time and include my body and soul.

Please pray for me during this crisis and help me find a job were I can be of help. Pray for me that I seek justice and not revenge for the injustices done to me. Pray that I may continue forgiving those who still seek to do me harm through lies and deceit. Pray for a continuation of my physical and spiritual recovery.

Your friend and sister always, Christine Marie Teresa

20. Liz

I'm considering St. Teresa as my Conformation Saint.