St. Margaret of Antioch Comments

Nothing certain is known of her, but according to her untrustworthy legend, she was the daughter of a pagan priest at Antioch in Pisidia. Also known as Marina, she was converted to Christianity, whereupon she was driven from home by her father. She became a shepherdess and when she spurned the advances of Olybrius, the prefect, who was infatuated with her beauty, he charged her with being a Christian. He had her tortured and then imprisoned, ... Continue Reading

1. christie

Dear St. Margaret of Antioch, pray for all women who hope to bear and bring forth to the world a perfectly healthy baby. This is my petition for my daughter too. Bless her abundantly and wholly and always. Likewise, dear Saint Margaret of Antioch pray for the restoration to perfect health all children who suffer from mental and physical difficulties. I love your story St. Margaret.

2. bridget nejman

St. Margaret of Antioch. Please pray for my unborn baby. Please pray that the doctors are wrong about it not being a viable pregnancy. I am so scared and I know in my heart that I found you on the eve of your feast day and also the eve of my ultrasound to give me strength. Amen.

3. Jami Whitehead

I FIRMLY believe she interceded for my Daughter and me while she was sick in utero(she would die or be on dialysis from birth according to specialist) with Kidney problems and I with a thin uterus prone to rupture . Healthy baby ( doc said pinkest healthiest newborn he'd EVER seen) and not a SINGLE problem with her kidneys. I also had an easy recovery . My daughter bears St. Margaret's name as her middle name in gratitude for her intercession.

4. Ruth Chikezie

St. Margaret of Antioch, patron saint of pregnancy, labour and childbirth, please pray for me, that i may safely deliver my baby without complications of any kind. i know i found you this day to grant me support and hope that am never alone.

5. joey

i had been reading stories about the lives of the saints when i was in the seminary for 12 yrs...after more than a decade,.i was so happy when i came across with such stories online.... it is so....inspiring.... refreshing...... ... thanks a lot. ....hope others will have time too to read them every day... every morning.... as an appetizer of the day...God bless

6. Joseph Mathew

St. Margret of Antioch, please pray for our family, and especially for our four girl children. Thank you!

7. Danielle

Saint Margaret, Thank you for watching over us. Please be with me as I help women through pregnancy & give birth everyday. I want to be the best midwife I can be. Please Saint Margaret bless me with a baby of my own, I promise to be a wonderful mother. I know you've come to me today to show me support. Amen

8. colin

Dear Saint Margaret, patroness of childbirth, please be with my wife during her delivery and please intercede for us for a healthy child. Thank you Saint Margaret. Please help my children grow into God fearing Christians. Amen

9. Margaret

She died believing in what was right for her. She is a good example of the persons who would like to take the same path.

10. Rachel

Why put the information in her bio if you believe it to be false?

11. V. Brown

I like that she is patroness of childbirth.

12. Maggie Lush

St Margaret is such a wonderful saint. She will be my confirmation Saint. St Margaret, Pray for us all!

13. J Christian

Saint Margaret of Antioch pray for us all, All; pray, Pray with the other Thirteen with Christ and His Twelve; pray with the Seventy Two for growing peace on Earth and through the Twelve Pearl passages to Heaven; pray those choosing their ways choose of Sainted gates and not earthen holes and caves of covetous pride; say "Aye," to Saint Joan again for us, and Jesus, Mary and Yahweh, before Whose shining Throne may all each our cares be known, taught and blown away, Amen