St. Madeline Sophie Barat Comments

Born at Joigny, Burgundy, France, on December 12, the daughter of a cooper, she was educated by her older brother Louis, who later became a priest and who imposed the strictest discipline and penances on her. On his recommendation, Father Varin, who planned to form an institute of women to teach girls, a female counterpart of the Jesuits, received her and three companions into the religious life in 1800, thus founding the Society of the Sacred ... Continue Reading

1. Kara
    9 months ago

I did Saint Madeleine for my Confirmation name! I just love preaching to the Lord. I am a fellow nun and I appreciate another sister. :)

2. Sophia Kathryn

This name is beautiful. I might use this as my confirmation name

3. Miranda Christina Madeleine Vicente

I love this name! i might choose this as my conformation name! This one or Marie... Which one sound better? Miranda Christina _____ Vicente. Madeleine or Marie?

4. Doris

Could Sophie be chosen for a confirmation name? She was referred to as Sophie many times in the article?

5. gabriella

i am going to pick her for my confomation.

6. Decoda

Wow she did alot in her life very intersting

7. Brittney

Thankyou :) i think im going to choose this as my confirmation name...or isabelle. but this was my nunnas's name as she recently passed away..Is it Madeline or Madeleine?? I think its the second one?? okk thankyou so much shes my inspiration

8. Rachael

What an incredibly smart and generous woman. I am very happy to have chosen her as my confirmation name.

9. julie ann salve

her feast day is my birthday......

10. Riley

Very Helpful I used the for my Comformation

11. Maria

This hasen't helped no matter what other people have said i wanted to know the meaning and stuff instead of a load of stuff i DON'T want. sorry but this is how i feel.

12. maddie

i picked madeline for my confirmation name i love so much she seemed to help alot of people i am very glad to have her name

13. Madeline

I was named after this saint! I love her alot. I like my name.

14. Eliza

This lady was very christian, i picked Madeline for my confirmation name! its a ;lovely name

15. marissa

i am doing a project on this saint

16. Lily

I chose this name for confirmation - she's a very kind person and Madeleine is a beautiful name.

17. someone

This is the saint l chose for my project at school

18. Megan

this is thew saint i picked for my saint project in English

19. Madieline

Why is she patron?

20. sally

my school is related to her.its opened 100 years ago. my school's baradene.
    http://www.baradene.school.nz is the school website. i'm looking for more facts about her. i need some help!