St. Louise de Marillac Comments

Louise de Marillac was born probably at Ferrieres-en-Brie near Meux, France, on August 12, 1591. She was educated by the Dominican nuns at Poissy. She desired to become a nun but on the advice of her confessor, she married Antony LeGras, an official in the Queen's service, in 1613. After Antony's death in 1625, she met St. Vincent de Paul, who became her spiritual adviser. She devoted the rest of her life to working with him. She helped direct ... Continue Reading

1. Colin Sheehan
    9 months ago

As a Catholic who is going to pursue a career in Social Work, this is one Saint both my soon-to-be wife and I will become familiar with. St. Louise de Marillac, pray for us.

2. Linda

Thank you for prayers answered.

3. Beth

When we adopted our daughter from China, we gave her the name "Eloise", after my grandmother and also this great saint.

4. Louise

Saint Louise,
    Pray for me to be like you and to be more humble and to get proper God guidance.
    Pray for everyone in need and problem.

5. Jerry N

St. Louise de Marillac's vision and charitable spirit live on today in all those who make it their mission to help the poor and needy. It is especially alive in the hundreds of thousands of Catholic volunteers, all over the world, who assist the poor daily through their work in the Society of St Vincent dePaul. Thank you for the model you gave us by your life of service to those in need, St Louise . Please pray for me to be able to better adopt your spirit of charity and service.

6. general unknown something usmc usnf ****

15/16th mar 2013:st louise de marillac dc pray for us!

7. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Today's world faces a different kind of poverty, lack of morality. Great majority of people love the things in the world and mock the church which cater to their souls. The leaders of the countries are acting like Gods and enact laws which are contrary to the teaching of Christ. Kindly pray that the new Pope guided by the Holy Spirit make the necessary changes needed in the Church so that the lost souls would return to the Church and drink of her abundance mercy and change their way of life to holiness. Let the unconditional Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ be felt by everyone so that the evil forces of the world would not mislead and rob them of their faith which lead them to holiness. Amen.

8. Joseph Mathew

St. Louise de Marilac, please continue to pray for me to be more humble, more patient and more forgiving towards others, when they annoy and blame me.

9. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds peace and the right path, for Michelle and Gwen that the doctors can help them and for all cancer patients. Dear Lord, thank you for making me cancer free.

10. christopher

St.Louise de Marillac please pray for me and my family
    God Bless us all
    Amen

11. Emily

St. Louise please help me be like you. i want to be a humanitarian and help the sick just like you did. Please provide me with the proper guidance.

12. sophie

thxs it was awwwsome

13. Jelaine Uy

I like her very much because she is so intelligent and very kind......................................:)

14. Linda

Dear St. Louise,
    Please intercede for me with our Lord. I am in need of help with my financial situation.

15. hi

thanks so much for all the info about saint Louise this is the best info ever xo saint louise is the most inspirational saint because she never know her mum and helped lots of people xo does anyone know what patron of occupation saint louise is?????? plzz help me i realley need an answer xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

16. Kristina

Dear St. Louise, Please pray for the mothers and children and all affected by the "adoption or abduction" story that was on Yahoo today. As a child who never knew her unwed mother yourself, you know firsthand the pain caused by this circumstance. Please ask God to provide healing for all those affected on both sides of the issue. Please also help heal any rift this may cause for the Church.

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Louise de Marilac, please pray for me to lead a life that is pleasing to Lord Almighty.

18. Christie

St. Louise de Marillac, on your feast day I ask for your special heavenly intercession in the presence of Jesus and his holy Mother, for the complete healing and permanent cure for all children born with terrible afflictions. Help them, heal them, cure them....so that they may be free of seizures, speech delays, learning difficulties, lack of reasoning and a other multiple developmental delays. I read that you had a son with special needs, and as such, you know what I speaking about. Do listen to my earnest and impassioned plea. Answer my prayers. Please give a quick and prompt response, dear sweet saint. Amen.

19. spylock

St. Louise, I pray and ask the Lord to send you to my family especially to my wife and children. May they will have the interest on learning about your life and may you help them become what you have done especially in becoming generous and to devote on helping the poor. My wife is scheduled to labor our 3rd child any day or time from this day but I prefer to have it on your feast day. I look forward on your intercession and I promise to name our child with your name. Amen.

20. jadey wadey

i am picking louise because it sounds sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!