St. Veronica Comments

The woman of Jerusalem who wiped the face of Christ with a veil while he was on the way to Calvary. According to tradition, the cloth was imprinted with the image of Christ's face." Unfortunately, there is no historical evidence or scriptural reference to this event, but the legend of Veronica became one of the most popular in Christian lore and the veil one of the beloved relics in the Church. According to legend, Veronica bore the relic ... Continue Reading

1. Shazzza

This story is beautiful!
    It touched me in many ways ;)

2. Vera Butorac

My grandmother asked my mother, who apparently hadn't given any thought to names for her first baby (back in Jan 1952 in Croatia), to name me after Veronica if I happened to be a girl (Vera is a derivation of the name). My mother asked why that name, to which my grandmother said it was because the Lord left an imprint of his face on her veil, to her a very significant gesture of Jesus' - and, I dare say, for her (spiritual) hopes for me.

3. Sarah Ann

I thought this was a great story. I am choosing her for my confirmation! But, i might need a little more information about her for my project...can you help me with that? thanks again!

4. izabella

i choose her for my communion

5. Ali

I chose her for Confirmation!!!!

6. hanna

I chose her for my confirmation name

7. Jordan

I chose her for my confirmation name !!!!

8. Veronica

Im named after her AND this is my chosen Catholic name.

9. Mia

I'm choosing her for my confirmation name!

10. Tayla Rox

I chose her for my confirmation name!

11. Shannon

She inspires me so much, I chose her for my confirmation name!

12. m3rn4

i love this website

13. shannon

she is so inspiring and i have chosen her as my saint name because she is an inspiration to all who love and respect Jesus

14. aiiejayye

coooooooooool

15. veronica

I'm lucky to have such a beautiful name that is also appreciated in the catholic church although this information was not useful at the time i love that such a lovely person would do something like that for our Christ maybe you should put her saints date <3veronica<3

16. sasha

I think its very interesting that st.Veronica did all these nice things,I like the name and is using it for my confirmation.Thank you for writing this nice information about st.Veronica

17. jessazza

saint veronica did a nice thing i am going to pick her for my confirmation.

18. Veronica

This is wonderful information that was easy to understand. It really helped me out with my school report on Saint Veronica.

19. kristen

this article was very helpful1 i am using it for my confirmation as well! i just love that Veronica has such a meaning to the Catholic Church1 thank you very much for writing this article!:)

20. katie

This was a very useful article for confirmation. It answers many questions about this saint that I could not find on other sites. Thnk you! Bless you!