St. Katharine Drexel Comments

Saint Katharine Drexel, Religious (Feast Day-March 3) Born in 1858, into a prominent Philadelphia family, Katharine became imbued with love for God and neighbor. She took an avid interest in the material and spiritual well-being of black and native Americans. She began by donating money but soon concluded that more was needed - the lacking ingredient was people. Katharine founded the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament for Black and Native American ... Continue Reading

1. mahalynn

i am 10 years old i have a report due october 25,2011 this came out to be awesome,interesting, and VERRRYYYYYYYY helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)=)=)=)=):):):):)
    thnkz<3:)

2. ashley

this is my saint for my report.i compared this with others and it was very helpful:)

3. kate

i lik katherine

4. silafaga

this is my saint .I adore her .

5. jt kaufmann

What could happen if we all seek in prayer Saint Katherine Drexel's assistance in the conversion of Oprah (as in Oprah Winfrey)...can we imagine how powerful her influence would be if she became a devout Catholic? Awesome! Let's do it.

6. Jason

I pray that today, in this time, the spirit of Saint Katharine Drexel feel the spirit's of people all around the world. I pray that we never forget, no let any pride overcome the principal that we are all one human family. At this time I struggle with racism emanating from girlfriend's family (they are Indian and I am white). I pray that Saint Katharine Drexel can fill their hearts, and let them see past this narrow minded view, and feel the love and joy that comes with the interconnection that comes with such a special bond. I hope that in the road ahead my girlfriend and I walk in Saint Drexel's light and example. =)

7. Tony

I am choosing her as my Saint for my Catholic Initiation as an adult. As an African American male I found her contributions astounding, in particular for the time. I concur with all of the wonderful comments.

8. katie

she is a great person every one should no

9. cameron greene

I am amazed by her

10. carmen vazquez

I´m a teacher, and I have read this info several times in different occasions because every time I read it my admiration for her grows and inspires me to be more devoted to God and my students...St. Katharine, pray for all the religious and secular teachers, help us to be better persons each day so that we may inspire our children--
    Thanks, dear Lord, for sending this angel to Earth---

11. Mikel

Incredible Woman...I loved reading about her and what she did for the people she helped in this country.

12. gloria

martin i vary well agree

13. Martin

If only we could route the money collected for welfare programs through the Church, a better outcome would be realized. Money spent in faith always produces more fruit than money spent in a secular cause. This beloved Saint proves this truth even today. God bless all.

14. Fabian Royan

with such great determination and grace of god , her works has been an inspiration to me and millions like me to do likewise........

15. Tom Barnes

Minor note: the article rating question is listed twice above. The 2nd time it's clear from the response choices that there is supposed to be a different question.

Min point: in getting ready with this week's saint for my CFP class, I first looked in my Lives of the Saints (Catholic Book Publishing). I can't find a publishing date, but it was given to my daughter in 1996. It still had St. Katherine as blessed, so I did a search on Yahoo and came to your site for the canonization date. The web site text is verbatim from the book. I'm sure you have permission, I just think it would be good somewhere on the site to credit the source.

Thanks for creating and maintaining this site!

16. Katie

I am going to be confirmed this year and needed to write a paper on a saint. I choose St. Katharine Drexel because Katharine is my first name. I got the extra piece of info. here.

17. DeAundre

She is the saint my school which is Sacred Heart Saint Katherin Drexel School.

18. katie

hi im 9 years old and i was just curious about st kathern thank you know i now about her agian thank you that was a big help

19. Jessi

St. Katherine Drexel was a very inspirational person. Even though we don't share the same name, we share the same values, and I am using her for my Confirmation name this year.
    P.S. I am doing a project on her right now, anybody know what she's the patron saint of?

20. cade

awsome, I needed this information for a project