St. Fina Comments

St. Fina or Seraphina, Virgin A.D. 1253 The old town of San Geminiano in Tuscany treasures with special veneration the memory of Santa Fina, a young girl whose claim to be recognized as a saint lay in the perfect resignation with which she accepted bodily suffering. She was born of parents who had seen better days but had fallen into poverty. The child was pretty and attractive. Poor as she was she always kept half her food to give to those who ... Continue Reading

1. Tinu James George

O Lord,please give me unshakable faith like St.Fina when I pass through bad days
    Amen.

2. katie

i love this name! and i love the story! this is my confirmation name!

3. Jane

This is amazing, and im going to use it for my confirmation :))

4. pegpeg

This is just grand how you guys have this website to help us learn about saints. The thing is, my grandma has very poor eyesight and when she wants to learn about a new saint she cant read it so i have to drive an hour and a half to get to her house(I am her closest grandchild). So, i would think it would be a very good idea if you had some type of auto read button so she can listen to it through her speakers. Just think it through. Thank you.

5. Jane O.

This story is well told. I cherish this name and will name my daughter Seraphina. I will also invoke St Fina's intercession for my physical pains.

6. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Fina, Kindly intercede for me to be more patient in my sufferings!

7. Lydia

Found information very interesting. I know an old lady by this name, and she really is a kind, and generous one too. She suffers also from emotional and physical pain, but she is a great woman of faith!

St. Seraphina please intertcede for this wonderfull lady!

8. Mal

Love the words, "It is not my wounds but thine, O Christ, that hurt me".
    I doubt there are ppl in this world now who can say that.

9. Martin

This example of style in faith can truly make one appreciate how little we suffer for our lord. Surely we can all give more and step up our game. God bless all.

10. Lorretta

Sometimes, I wonder, if Jesus wanted St Fina to suffer the way she did, because, I did not see any where, that our Christ wished any one to suffer this way, even though, He said that "any one who wants to follow Him, must pick up the cross, and follow." if not so, then why are we encouraged to pray for healing with faith in God? Didn't Jesus heal the sick? He did.

11. Megan S.

i was going to use her for confirmation also but its says she was never actually declared a saint. any help with that??
    PLEASE !
    Thanks :)

12. Daniela Gutierrez

Beautiful and inspiring story.
    Ive found my confirmation name! :)

13. Schelain Franklin

Amazing and sad story. Seraphina was my confirmation name. :-).

14. emzy12

This is the saint i am using for confirmation :)

15. amber kriho

wow! this girl is amazing! what a great story.

16. zoe

this is a beautiful story. im defiantly choosing her for my confirmation!

17. sarah

I'm defiantly choosing Saint Fina for my Confirmation name!

18. Q

wow. i love this story. I'm going to use this for confirmation.

19. jojo

Everywhere else I see her violets described as yellow.