St. Emily de Rodat Comments

Born near Rodez, France, she became a nun at Maison St. Cyr when eighteen. In 1815 after much dissatisfaction, she decided that her vocation was in teaching poor children. With the approval of Abbe Marty, her spiritual adviser, and the aid of three young assistants, she began this work in her room at St. Cyr. This was the start of the Congregation of the Holy Family of Villefranche. It grew rapidly, establishing its own mother house and ... Continue Reading

1. emily

did everybody use this for their confirmation?
    I did too. :)

2. ailish emily

i am also making my confirmation and have to write an essay on my name Emily. two people get picked out and have to read it in church on the day. i think this is a really good website

3. emily d

this was very helpful in researching my saint for an essay for my confirmation name.

4. Amanda

I think this was very useful for my conformation report for religion. And this website tells a lot, in short paragraph... which is good, because i know none who could read five pages long... i would definately come back to this website.

5. emily f

this was very helpful with my school project on my patron saint.

6. emily t

so nice to know that kids so young are interested in something this amazing. this is what we should be our influences, not war and other bad things in our economy

7. emily t

very cool that people so young can be interested in something so amazing. i love Emily de Rodat, she is my patron saint. this is what kids should be influenced in, not the wars and other bad things in the world.

8. Emily Smith

Yes! I am so happy to learn about my patron saint!

9. emily diggins