St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Comments

Elizabeth Bayley Seton was the first native born American to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Born two years before the American Revolution, Elizabeth grew up in the "cream" of New York society. She was a prolific reader, and read everything from the Bible to contemporary novels. In spite of her high society background, Elizabeth's early life was quiet, simple, and often lonely. As she grew a little older, the Bible was to ... Continue Reading

1. Caity

This was so helpful with my Confirmation. This site is really cool.

2. amber

yeah getting right what i need thank

3. jessica

this is a cool web sight

4. Amber

Thank u so much. this has been great help for my confirmation. i just cant find the authirs name :S

5. taylor

Shes the best im making my confirmation this year thank you

6. Sam Hewwitt

I love this article. I read it every day. Thank you Elizabeth Ann Seton!

7. Meagan

thanks this was a big help for my conformation paper
    god bless
    megs

8. Christine

This women is a true saint. She is a wonderful person and seems like a true friend. God bless her friends and family!!!!!!!!

9. Lizzy

this was really helpful to me to find info on my confirmation saint thanks for the help !!

10. Kelly P.

It helped me with my report for ccd. but the thing is, is that i cant find when she was declared a saint?

11. molly

i really needed this 4 my report 4 chruch...thaz for the info.

12. Fran

i really needed this for my report and it really was helpful!

13. James T.

shes not to special

14. liliana

Thank you for this information. I am watching a movie about her in school.

15. Mo

I worship her!!!

16. Christine

Yeah, she was awesome, but why did she become a saint? Like what did she do that was so special?!?!?!?!?

17. Christina

Thank you for all your help Catholic.org! Im going to put St. Elizabeth Ann Seton for my Confirmation name. Thanks alot!!!! :)

18. Olivia

She was a great person even though she went through so much! It especially inspires me that she is one of the few AMERICAN saints!

19. 5 years ago

Elizabeth god bless you!!! you are soooo brave!!

20. Jen

wow! she was an amazing person.she is the perfect Saint for my confirmation.