St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Comments

Elizabeth Bayley Seton was the first native born American to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Born two years before the American Revolution, Elizabeth grew up in the "cream" of New York society. She was a prolific reader, and read everything from the Bible to contemporary novels. In spite of her high society background, Elizabeth's early life was quiet, simple, and often lonely. As she grew a little older, the Bible was to ... Continue Reading

1. Erin

I used to love St. Agnes so much, but St.Elizabeth Ann Seton is so awesome yall!! I just love her and she is great and influential <3 Seriously i am going to pray to her all the Time!!!! :) i hope yall do 2 <3

2. Anne Liddon

I rather think there were people being born in America before this lady.

3. christie

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, I am inspired by the holy life you led and I consider you to be the patron saint of teachers and of Catholic Schools. Help us teachers in forming and moulding our students and giving them Christ like values. Help children especially those whose parents neglect giving them Catholic/Catechism lessons and in the process deny them the preparation they need for receiving the Sacraments. Please pray for all these children. Amen.

4. sav

I picked her for my saint project and i really hope i get a good grade because i don't think anyone in my class picked her!!!!

5. Sister Jacqueline Corcoran

I'm Reverend Mother now and I want to say, she gave of herself unselfishly to do the will of God. That is what those of us that are called to do the will of God to do. I'm happy to do His Will.

6. Anna

Very helpful!!!!!! She is so inspirational and so life changing. I hope I can be just like her growing up and being closer to god. This website was one of my main sources for my saint project. Thanks so much

7. Kcaatm!p

Thanks Jessica for giving me the information of what she was the patrion saint of. It's wierd that I've been around her home schooling program for years and never knew that. I'm glad I had some of this for my report!:) It's my name!

8. Sally

Wow, I never would have know so much about Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton unless I read about her on Catholic Online
    Thank- you so much,
    You helped me so much,
    Sally

9. elizabeth jenner

my name is elizabeth too and she is wonderful

10. Myaa

Hey Great bio And she is wonderful

11. fhufopk0

I love st. Elizabeth ....so inspiring!

12. Gabby

Elizabeth Ann Seton rocks! Elizabeth is my middle name! Elizabeth Ann Seton inspired me. She is awsome! I love her! She is the best thing since sliced bread!

13. lindsey

omg love st. elizabeth but i need to kow what she is the patron saint of she is my confirmation name:)

14. psedymous

i picked her for my saints project ithis my 3rd time doing a report on her she was good lady!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Elizabeth

i have to do this for a saints project so i did one that i was named after!!! i love to read all about her!!!

16. vale

It really helped me with a project for school!!! She is a cool person.

17. Emma

Using This website as a sorce for project! Great information!

18. Haley

this was very helpful to me! thanks a bunch! i am doing a saint report! cool! <3 :)

19. Jessica

I NOTICED THAT MANY PEOPLE ASKED ON THIS COMMENT BOARD WHY ST. ELIZABETH WAS CANONIZED A SAINT. Well I want to answer their questions. She was canonized because of the fruits of her work on earth, namely her religious order. In fact when someone is canonized two miracles are needed to make them a saint. Well one miracle occured but the Vatican skipped the second miralce and caonized her anyway. This is because of all the good works that occured through her religious order when St. Elizabeth started it and to this day.
    I hope that this was helpful. I also want to mention that St. Elizabeth is the parton of homeschoolers just so you know. May God bless you. St. Elizabeth Ann Bayely Seton, pray for us!!!

20. laura

i love you saint elizabeth! your the best!! god bless all of us!!