St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Comments

Elizabeth Bayley Seton was the first native born American to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Born two years before the American Revolution, Elizabeth grew up in the "cream" of New York society. She was a prolific reader, and read everything from the Bible to contemporary novels. In spite of her high society background, Elizabeth's early life was quiet, simple, and often lonely. As she grew a little older, the Bible was to ... Continue Reading

1. Elizabeth

This was VERY VERY VERY VERY helpful. I have to do a areport on her, and this is the only site that I used! Thank You

Elizabeth

2. me

i am doing a report on her tomorrow

3. joe

Shes cool

4. Marilyn Iversen

I am a 75 yr old lady, a convert since l976 and I chose St Elizabeth A nn Seton as my confirmation name as I was a widow, a convert, and she was the first in the US. I looked up this information to use on the back of my funeral bulletin . Since none of my children are Catholic I wanted them to know about her. I am in good health right now but I do believe we need to be ready at all times. I do hope I get to see her shrine and visit NY city.

5. Stephanie

wow this really helped she is so interesting :pp i think alot of ppl will think that she should be in the to 50 saints lol

6. Me

I'm doing my saint report on her and it is do tomorrow

7. Liz

Nicely done! I think Its' great how she converted to Catholicism.

8. Monae 308

What school did she go to i need more info about her life most about her family

9. Vie

Seton Novena Prayer
    OH,GOD OUR FATHER
    GLORIFY HERE UPON EARTH,YOUR SERVANT
    ST.ELIZABETH ANN SETON ,BY MANIFESTING,THE POWER OF HER INTERCESSION THROUGH THE FAVOR I NOW IMPLORE.(HERE MENTION YOUR INTENTION),
    WE ASK THIS THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS,YOUR SON,WHO LIVES AND REIGNS WITH YOU AND THE HOLY SPIRIT,AN GOD FOREVER AND EVER.AMEN

10. sabrina

i love you

11. Mary Terese

used her as report she is so cool

12. Sydney

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH I NEEDED TO RESEARCH HER B/C SHE'S MY CONFIRMATION SAINT(:

13. Madeline Schubert

I was baptized Elizabeth as a second name. I enjoyed reading about Mother Secton as I was very familiar with her since I grew up and knew of Seton Hall.

Thank you for the valuable and interesting information.

Madeline

14. erika

glad i chose Elizabeth for my confirmation name <333333333

15. Elizabeth Jane

Elizabeth Ann Seton has always been my favoite saint, and she has always inspired me. She is one of the reasons I love my name!

16. Caoline

I'm in collage and i need to write an eassy on her sooooo................................... this was very helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear Elizabeth Anne Seton, Please pray for me to confirm myself to the values cherished by Life and not be led astray by worldly temptations!

18. Deb T

So inspiring! It is so difficult for most of us to turn away from the materialistic values in life. She was able to show all of us that devotion to God can and should take precedence over our daily material wants and needs.

19. SAE

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is my patron saint, I need t pray to her more often....seems I pray to all the other saints but sadly neglect her. Today I am struggling and having a really bad day and I asked God for a small sign it'd get better and I saw that it was St. Elizabeth's saint day and I feel so hopeful.....God works in mysterious ways! :)

20. Justus

I loved reading her story, it is vry inspiring.