St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Comments

Elizabeth Bayley Seton was the first native born American to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Born two years before the American Revolution, Elizabeth grew up in the "cream" of New York society. She was a prolific reader, and read everything from the Bible to contemporary novels. In spite of her high society background, Elizabeth's early life was quiet, simple, and often lonely. As she grew a little older, the Bible was to ... Continue Reading

1. Les
    6 months ago

Saint Elizabeth, like you, I am a teacher. Please pray that I get hired to teach at a school in which I will be happy, productive, and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Joseph Mathew
    6 months ago

St. Elizabeth Anne Seton, please continue to remember us in your prayers.

3. field marshal general chairman ******
    6 months ago

5th jan 2013:st elizabeth seton sc & st angela of foligno tosf pray for us.

4. sarah
    7 months ago

What beatitudes did St.Elizabeth Ann Seton live by?

5. Anaiise
    8 months ago

she is so awesome! her personality was just like mine,my middle name is Elizabeth, and her feast day is on my birthday!

6. miscarriage blues
    11 months ago

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, we have so many holes in our knowledge of you. Valuable insight of how you dealt with situations commonly faced to people today is lost or not told. How greatly did loosing two mother figures affect you and how did you overcome the period of darkness you slipped into. What happened to all 5 of your children with your detention in Italy, and subsequent struggles after your social isolation. After losing you own mothers, how greatly did this shape your decisions afterwards. What horrible things did you face during detention that have been stated in stories of you, that also helped to shape your life. I pray that though we all might not learn, you can shed insight for those that could so benefit from your decisions in everyday struggles.

7. Maureen

My mother, Maureen Elizabeth, loved to visit the Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmitsberg, MD. She drew great strength and inspiration from her patron saint, and in her declining years, sought to be more like this kind woman. My mother was also a teacher and bore 10 children into this world, and like Mother Seton, my mother was widowed very early in life.

I knew so little about St. Elizabeth until I visited her shrine last year. I was deeply moved by her story and her commitment to God. This was a wonderful way to learn even more about our American saint. Thank you for publishing the article.

8. Teresa

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is my saint for the next 3 months. My sisters and I each draw a saint's name each quarter. We read about, pray to, & emulate our saint. In my readings, I discovered that I was pregnant with my son when St. Elizabeth Seton was canonized by Pope Pau VI. I gave birth to him 11 days later. "Saint Elizabeth, please pray that Mother Mary guides my son back to the Catholic Church that he was baptized in, and that my husband is guided into the Church also. Thank you for choosing me!"

9. Diane

My husband was unable to get hired after a year. He was fired unfairly and "blacklisted" from any jobs in our area. I have done many novenas over the year. When I began to pray for help from Elizabeth Seton, who I consider my patron saint, having taking her name at my confirmation, he received word from his old boss who re-hired him today.

Thank you for prayers answered.

10. maddy

I think you should add the symbol or colour of saint Elizabeth ann seton and what she is the saint of . . . .

11. Ann-Marie

Wow! Elizabeth really is inspiring! 1000x better then St. Joan of Arc! This article was amazing!

12. Joseph Mathew

St. Elizabeth Anne Seton, please pray for us.

13. christie

St Elizabeth Ann Seton, I love to imitate you and I loathe to realize how unworthy I am. Like you I love nature, poetry and reading. Pray for me and all my family members to seek to do God's will, to do it in a manner that pleases Him. Dear St. Elizabeth heal all children who have received the horrific diagnosis of fragile X, with which comes pervasive developmental delays, seizures, abnormal and inappropriate behaviours. HELP, HELP, HELP. With your intercession I believe God hears and answers our prayers. Amen.

14. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Pray for me become a man of God. Intercede for me with our Blessed Mother so that I would become a righteous and devout catholic. Amen.

15. Jan

Thank you Vie for the Novena prayer .

16. Maureen Therese Hennessey

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton please intercede for all who seek knowledge of you and their family needs. Thank you for your example and bless us so that we may find the courage and determination to follow God's Will.

17. Shirley Courter

I loved this article. I want to know more about this wonderful Saint.

18. christopher

St,Elizabeth please pray for me and my family
    god bless Amen

19. general usmc acmf sas usnf ****

4th jan 2013:st elizabeth ann seton sc pray for us!

20. chet bas

happy feast day St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. thank you for your intercessions to the Most Holy Trinity.