St. Edith Stein Comments

Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)Virgin and Martyr Edith Stein, born in 1891 in Breslau, Poland, was the youngest child of a large Jewish family. She was an outstanding student and was well versed in philosophy with a particular interest in phenomenology. Eventually she became interested in the Catholic Faith, and in 1922, she was baptized at the Cathedral Church in Cologne, Germany. Eleven years later Edith entered the Cologne ... Continue Reading

1. Joanne

Thank you for always answering my prayers.

2. Robin Springer

This one brought tears to my eyes....

3. waithira

Thank you St. Edith Stein for your example of courage and love of God. Please pray for me to imitate your way of life. To uphold love for my neighbor, ardent love of God. Purity of mind and body, heart and desire, thought and affection. Pray for the souls in purgatory.

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Edith Stein, please pray for me to tide over the difficult situations in life by building up my trust in God.

5. Juliette

Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross. You came to me in the time of great need and sat by my bed in 2000 and asked me what am I going to do about the children. I didn't know what you were saying then but in 2007 understood completely. Bless you for warning me and saving my children.

6. Joseph Mathew

St. Edith Stein, Your courage and clarity of faith attracted me and your story inspired me very much right from a very young age. Please pray for me and my family.

7. Nnadi emmanuel

St. Teresa Benedicta de crus was indeed a dedicated catholic. Her decision 2 publicly condem the Nazi practice proves dat indeed she was a soldier of Christ. St. Stein pray 4 us.

8. Take time to pray

Thank Lord for giving us brave role models to follow. I hope that in such a "me-only" or "me-first" society/world that there be more who dare to love, be brave, and sacrifice for the love of God. Thank you to all the saints for their intercessions and thank you for all the people who prays for others :) Let love live on!

9. 8th grader 28

I thought that her story was very touching. I wish i could be more liek her, she would be a great roll modal and an amazing teacher. For those girls that were taught by her must have felt very blessed. I hope that everyone could as great of a person than Edith was, Thank you.

10. plmhh

I never knew the saint for my birthday was until today. I am so touched by her story and death. I am 29 + 25 now. i feel looking back over my memories of my life and reading the story of hers, she truely must be looking over me through my daily life. I sometimes how I have survived to this time in my life. Now, my heart, mind and soul believe it has been St. Teresa Benedicta, who Mother Mary, has had a vigil with and for my meeger existence. I am truely blessed.

11. Paula Marie Bernadette

Edith Stein, later known as St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, is truly an example of the good that God works in the lives of those who love Him, and surrender to His Divine Will. She was originally converted to Catholic Christianity after having read the biography, or one of the books, of St. Teresa of Avila. St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross loved her Jewish brothers and sisters, and offered her sufferings and death as reparation for the Holocaust. Many people forget that the Holocaust's victims were not only the Jewish people, but Catholics, Christians, Polish people, gypsies, the disabled, helpers of the Jews, anyone who was not of German "Aryian" heritage was, eventually to be exterminated. How could such madness take over the world, one may ask? It is because of Godlessness and hatred. God works in mysterious ways, but, unfortunately so does Satan, the prince of lies.

12. anthony uk

Saint Edith Stein and saint M Kolbe were true modern examples of pure goodness and love for humankind.

Good comment MUFFIN.

God bless all

Anthony UK

13. Muffin

I get so disgusted with idiots who say the Holocaust was a hoax, or that it was the work of the Vatican, or that Jews deserved it. So I am pleased to have the martyrdom of Edith Stein and Maximilian Kolbe to show that the Holocaust is undeniable, inexcusable, and a product of the same wickedness that killed Jesus. It was man's wickedness that really killed Jesus and we all have it, no matter what culture, colour or creed we are.

14. John Leonard

Very helpful in my hour or need. as a Catholic and with Jewish influence judeo Christian heritage it was very helpful: St. Edith Stein help me!! These are the prayers for myself and all Christian and Jewish Converts to Catholicism!

15. donna marie

i personally think edith stein was the greatest saint that woman was unbelieveable i just wanted to say that i wish more people could be like her

16. Bernadette

DearSt. Benedicta of the Cross please pray for success in daughter's start being self-employed.

17. edith

Happy New yr 2 all. Pls I'l like 2 know or get a detailed meaning of d name, EDITH.

18. Alexander G

I rated it great, but it should have some more info.

19. Joyce Recchia

Saint Edith Stein was also a Carmelite..

20. Thomas

There is no images of St.Edith Stein.