St. Bernadette Soubirous Comments

Famed visionary of Lourdes, baptized Mary Bernard. She was born in Lourdes, France, on January 7, 1844, the daughter of Francis and Louise Soubirous. Bernadette, a severe asthma sufferer, lived in abject poverty. On February 11, 1858, she was granted a vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary in a cave on the banks of the Gave River near Lourdes. She was placed in consider able jeopardy when she reported the vision, and crowds gathered when she had ... Continue Reading

1. samantha

I love St.Bernadette! I chose her for my confirmation report. She has such an amazing story and she is just so inspiring!

2. bruce

the movie song of Bernadette always inspires me she is my favorite saint

3. Bri

thanks for the info. I always pick her for a report, because she is amazing.

4. Mirna

St. Bernadette is my favorite saint!

5. kiki

this site is really good. i got all of my info off this site and it was all so easy. :-)(-:

6. james lopez

I really admire saint Bernadette in her ways. She is a great role model. She has such an amazing story.

7. mariah

my confirmation name is st Bernadette that's cool

8. Bernadet Pradita

When I was born, my father choose Bernadet as my baptistm name. I don't know why, but when I grown up, I finally know why my father choose that name. He has a hope his daughter (me) will be like St. Bernadette.

She is very down to earth, modest, mature and really believe in God and Mother Mary.So I hope in my life, I can follow her good personality..

9. natalie k.c.

I'm thinking of choosing St. Bernadette for my saint for Confirmation. I don't know why, but I've always thought her story was inspiring, especially as she stuck to her word through all the harassment.

10. Samantha

I am doing a report on St. Bernadette too and I thought it was sort of helpful but very interesting!

11. Patty McPatrick

i am writing a report on st Bernadette for CCD

12. maria

this was very interesting and it helped me on a report for school

13. Margaret

Good morning or afternooon and hello
    This is what i thought of the information from this page.

I thought that this source of information had many typos and didn't have the information that I was hoping for. From what I understand St. Bernadette of Soubirous is an incorrupt,which is the topic of my report, and in this page it showed nothing about her incorrupt body, the topic of my report.

Margaret

14. haily

i am writing my essay on st bernadette for confirmationn

15. joan

I believe that St. Bernadette suffered in silence with her illness so that others may come to know the truth about our Blessed Mother. God Bless St. Bernadette.

16. DuWayne

every time I watch the Movie "The song of Bernadette I cry when the Blessed Mary appears to Bernadette. I do have seen the mother of God. She greeted me on 06/06/2008 when I had my cardiac arrest and was legally dead for 30 min. Two of my co-workers brought me back after a half hour. I was walking on the clouds of many colors and the white light appeared, the white light turned yellow and the gold in color. He was dressed all in white, with a white weil on her head. She had a blue belt tied on hung over her left hip. She had her hands folded in prayer, she then look at me and smiled, opened her hands and as i almost got to the end of the golded light, she slowly disappeared, but continued to look at me and smiled. I woke up in a hospital 3 days later and don't remember anything of the first three days. My wife and family along with the hospital nurses told me I spoke nonstop of what I saw, even though my heart was beating so weak to record a memory. Boy has my life changed. I always will remember what I saw, hope I can help anyone in need. I work as a nurse and my story has helped many peoples that are near death.

17. Carry

I am picking saint bernadette for my saint for my conformation, i am blessed to carry on with her name, i will continue to pray and follow the way of the virgin mary and st bernadette.

18. irene h stapinski

all my life i wanted to go to lourdes...i finally went when i was 77 years old...mary gave me the privilege and i will spread the word of the blessed mother until i die...god bless st.bernardette she is surely in heaven....

19. Albert L. Lacanilao RN

I visited Lourdes, Nevers and saw S. Bernadette remains in the chapel at Nevers...I was touched and will continue to pray to the Holy Immaculate Virgin Mary and to St. Bernadette . My sister Cristina and myself feel so blessed with our visit to Lourdes and Nevers, France. GOD BLESS...Albert

20. vel

St. Bernadette is one of my favorite saints, and I loved the movie. To bad they don't play these on the Sunday shows.