St. Bernadette Soubirous Comments

Famed visionary of Lourdes, baptized Mary Bernard. She was born in Lourdes, France, on January 7, 1844, the daughter of Francis and Louise Soubirous. Bernadette, a severe asthma sufferer, lived in abject poverty. On February 11, 1858, she was granted a vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary in a cave on the banks of the Gave River near Lourdes. She was placed in consider able jeopardy when she reported the vision, and crowds gathered when she had ... Continue Reading

1. Andrew David Doyle

Unfathomable, yet plausible...and yet I have absolutely no idea why I am drawn to this young woman's existence, and have done for many years..
    Andrew..... The Silent Apostle

2. Hannah

St Bernadette is my confirmation saint. But this website didnt help at all.

3. Benny

I'm doing a project on her, too. She is a great person. Pray for suicide VICTIMS.

4. angela lynn

St Bernadette was a beatiful person . She had much enduring faith and devotion.

5. PINKBUG

Saint Bernadette is a great saint. I am writing about her for conformation.

6. Emma

HELP !!! (hey Jeff Fischer she is the patron saint bodily illnesses)
    and can anyone help me.. I need many...ALOT... of facts about why St.Bernadette is worthy to be a Saint

7. Bernadette

I was named after St. Bernadette, I say my prayers everynight, she is my favourite Saint.

8. Brenda

How may I see the embroideries done by St. Bernadette? Are there pictures in books or online?

9. Melissa

Patron Saint of the sick.

10. :) :) :) :) :)

This is very helpful information for my Saint report I did on Saint Bernadette! She was a fantastic saint to do!

11. St. Bernadette Sourbious Prayer and Novena. {By Andrea}

I ordered a Lourdes healing candle that came with a Beautiful Prayer/Novena and Her Holy Card with her picture on it that is now an 8x10 picture that sits on my table and I enjoy lighting a candle by her picture as I pray. I would like to state that My feelings about Her and Her story are that she was a genuine and honest person with true conviction in Her happenings and faith. I don't feel she enjoyed her suffering but resigned herself to it- for whatever reason you would like to call it. I do not believe that God truly wills anyone illness but is an awful fact of life that one has to carry.

I believe in My heart the spirit of St. Bernadette lives on and she will be close to us if We draw close to her. There is nothing wrong with "connecting" to anything/any person- including deceased pious, if it helps strengthen your faith and brings you comfort and hope and draws you closer to God.

I do not believe this to be a "pagan" act- and for those who do not share these beliefs do not belong here. With that said, I would like to as well state that the only things we truley own in this life are our thoughts and time. Therefore, We can choose to believe as we want based on our personal convictions for whatever reasons WE have them.

I also expierenced a miracle for My Mother who is a hard worker after burning a candle and praying in front of St. Bernadette's picture through Halloween and All Saints Day. Everything happened just as I had hoped for- as if she had come by to intercede. eery really- but wonderful.

I would like to type the prayer given to me in the package I ordered:

NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF LOURDES
    (February 2-10; Feast Day Februrary 11)

O ever Immaculate Virgin,
    Mother of Mercy,
    Health of the sick,
    Refuge of Sinners,
    Comfort to the Afflicted,

You know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings.
    Deign to cast upon me a look of mercy.
    By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes,
    You were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary,
    Whence you dispensed your favors;
    and already many sufferers
    have obtained the cure of their infirmities,
    both spiritual and corporal.

I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence
    to implore your maternal intercession.
    Obtain, O Loving Mother,
    the granting of My requests.

Through gratitude for favors,
    I will endaeavor to imitate your virtures
    that I may one day share your glory.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.

Amen.

12. Bernadette

I guess it is so obvious why I am intrigued and interested in the life of Saint Bernadette. I was named after my mother and god-mother who carry the name Bernadita. I have also given my daughter the name Bernadine. I have searched for her novena prayer and have yet to find it. If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. And any other prayers that are tied to her and Our Lady of Lourdes.

13. Chet Jarosz

I fell in love with St. Bernadette after watching the touching movie "The song of Bernadette". I have watched the movie many times having purchased it so that I can watch her life story at will. I was born on July 16 which also happens to be the date of the last earthly vision that Bernadette had of our Blessed Mother. Bernadette will always be special to me. Someday, I hope to make the trip to Lourdes and Nevers.

14. Katrina Ortiz

This is a great story. I am writing things about this wonderful saint, and making a poster about her.

15. Kenzie newby

She is my favorite saint and I am lucky to be doing a project on her for religion class.she is so cool and that St. Mary the mother of Jesus appeared to her, and because of her there is a church and a place that has the healing water that Mary made are still there. She is so awesome!!
    Kenzie

16. Lauren

I chose St.Bernadette for my Confirmation name this year. She is a role model to all who know her story and feel touched by it. I have a Holy Medal with her on it that I was given when I was TWO!! I love her movie and after seeing it, it made me feel like I knew her my whole life!! If I could meet or have a vision of her, I will feel truly blessed. I have just one question. What is she the Patron Saint of?? The poor? Also, they celebrate her feast day on February 18 in France too.

17. Joseph

Message to Llewell who wrote on August 30th, 2010 at 6:24 am

Dear Llewell, Mary is the MOTHER OF GOD hence she has the power to help us and can hear our prayers. Yes it is her busines that we are saved.

18. Llewell

Sad that people venerate the dead and not the Holy God of all men. Who is Mary before God but a woman who has no power to help us.Yes she is truelly a holy lady and someone who should be honoured but she is not God and cannot hear your prayers. It is not her bussines. Why pray to Mary and not God as it has been commanded? This truelly is a pagan tradition and it breaks a holy law found in the ten commandments so please ask God and not some false God.

From a Son of Ephraim
    a Servant of the God of Israel.

19. rm

I feel that St. Bernadette is a very special and beautiful Saint and woman role model for youth and everyone who needs hope

20. Bernadette

I am looking forward to my pilgrimage to Lourdes in September. I have always wanted to visit the shrine and I hope and pray for this dream to come true. Having been baptized as Bernadette, it feels very special. God bless