St. Bonaventure Comments

St. Bonaventure, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (Feast day-July 15) St. Bonaventure, known as "the seraphic doctor," was born at Bagnorea in Tuscany, in 1221. He received the name of Bonaventure in consequence of an exclamation of St. Francis of Assisi, when, in response to the pleading of the child's mother, the saint prayed for John's recovery from a dangerous illness, and, foreseeing the future greatness of the little John, ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew

St. Bonaventure, the seraphic Doctor, please pray for us.

2. YARMI

I came to know about some Bonaventure through very unusual circumstances. Well I guess he wanted me to know about him. He is an inspiration, and i am planning to buy his book "Itinerario de un alma hacia Dios" I am sitll looking for it. Unbelivable how this knowledge is not outdated at all, it speaks to me now. What a blessing to be Catholic, I am so proud of it, I thank my parents for raising me Catholic.

3. Joseph Mathew

Saint Bonaventure, please continue to pray for me.

4. ana

thank you dear St. Bonaventure... today is my birthday - i should be called Bonaventure Marie... i love it !!! thank you for your faithfulness to GOD !!!

5. Joseph Mark Fernandes

In the words of Pope Leo XIII "The Prince par excellence" an outstanding philosopher and theologian. What is there more to be said about htis "Seraphic Doctor" ? I keep discovering such wonderful Saints in the Catholic Calendar of whom I have not yet come accros.

6. GEORGE

Our Sunday bulletin today cites Dorothy Day's recollection that St. Bonaventure remarked that "after the Lord's long forty days of fasting in the desert, when he was diminished and weak from his struggle, the angels who ministered to him went first to the Blessed Mother's house. There they saw the soupo that was on her stove, and took some to the Lord so that he would delight in it even more since his mother had prepared it." Has any one every heard this story, and I wonder upon what facts it may be based?

7. Lynn

My Aunt is sick of stage 3b lung canser and has to breath on tubs.And i been to your church befor and ask for help and got it. I am asking plz help me again for my aunt she is just one of the most sweetist aunts and i would just plum be so sad if you can plz plz help her pray for kathleen kitchen she is in flint with my other family I would be so happy plz plz pray i have been meny times a day.And I know i need as much as i can plz and thanks.

8. <3 noodles

he is just soooo interesting! I might buy a book about him....

9. Joseph Mathew

A great saint and a very humble man! St. Bonaventure, please pray for us.

10. Joseph santiago CMF

He learned philosophy and theology well at Paris and taught the students. He ruled the order with great wisdom and prudence. He restored a perfect calm where peace had been disturbed by internal dissensions. He did much for his Order and composed The Life of St. Francis. He was a cardinal bishop of Albano. He was good friend of St.Thomas Aquinas, a great theologian and doctor of the church. What I understand is our knowledge is not for ourselves but one must put them at the service and good of the church and the development of our society. St.Benaventure ...pray for us

11. shiela cabahug

I was really inspired in the life of St. Patrick that inspires me to be courageous for the sake of God.St. Patrick please pray for us

12. ellie

i love you! muah*V*

13. Joscelyn

I am looking for a Patron Saint that I can connect with.
    St Bonaventure was such a holy man, can this be for me?
    I hope so.

14. shawty

i have to do a book report on this saint!!!!!!!!!=D

15. Ndubuisi

i love this saint so much that's why i choose him

16. Bonaventure Ejeh

very inspiring and loving saint

17. bye bye

he is awesome,go Bonaventure

18. jem

we are FORTUNATE to have a saint like him!

19. Catholic person