St. Barbara Comments

Barbara lived in the 4th century and brought up as a heathen. A tyrannical father, Dioscorus, had kept her jealously secluded in a lonely tower which he had built for that purpose. Here, in her forced solitude, she gave herself to prayer and study, and contrived to receive instruction and Baptism in secret by a Christian priest. Barbara resisted her father's wish that she marry. Then on one occasion, during her father's absence, Barbara had ... Continue Reading

1. Ron McGee

In your list of Artillerymen who have Saint Barbara as their Patron Saint, and also other military units, you have mentioned the Australian army and Airforce (RAAF) but have omitted the Royal Australian Navy. I was a member of the Australian Navy Gunnery Branch which is the only branch of the Australian Navy to have its own Patron Saint, fittingly, Saint Barbara. If you can mention all the other world navy gunnery branches, including New Zealand, could you please include the Royal Australian Navy Gunnery Branch in your information.
    Yours sincerely,
    Ron McGee
    ex-Quartermaster Gunner, Royal Australian Navy

2. ramon de leon

I would like to request a prayer for me and my family. Im divorced, have been for the last 23 years. I would to request a prayer for my whole family to protect them harm. for good health, happiness and prosperity. and i myself the same, but also that i find me a nice lady to marry someday soon. ps. santa barbara has been appearing in my mind since a week ago during a prayer.

3. Ainie

i had a dream about Her... Can you tell me please what does it mean?

4. giselle

this had help me with my project a lot, my mom middle name is barbara so im kind of conneted

5. Lori

I've always heard the story of St. Barbara as a child. I remember my mother would say a prayer outloud to St. Barbara every time we had a thunderstorm. She still does to this day.

6. Barbara McShane Stainback

I have always loved my name. As a young girl when others wished to have different names, I never did. It was always hard when I was younger to find any information on her. I wore her religious medal many times especially at work. I am a retired secondary principal. I am a former Army dependent. Many times I felt my work was on a battle field. I just finished watching the movie on EWTN. It was wonderful. I hope we see more saints lives depicted in the future by current filmmakers. Pray for us all Saint Barbara.

7. Manny Perez

The Catholic television network, EWTN will be showing a 2 hr. movie called 'St. Barbara' about the life of Saint Barbara next Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2 PM.

8. Barbara

My father and mother named me after this beautiful saint I was born in cuba 1965. My mother was blind she brang me to newyork. Thankyou saint Barbara for guiding my mother when they told her get on the plane with your children with my brother in her arms and myself holding her hand my mother made it here and lived a beautiful life thanks to the power of saint Barbara and god I thankyou for our blessings

9. Barbara

I nevered knew the story of st. Barbara until now...... I love you st. Barbara.. May God give me the grace to have great courage and determination like you. Thank you for been my patron saint. St. Barbara pray for my family.

10. Brandi Miller Ellis

Santa Barbars is and will always be life to me
    i love her dearly.

11. Manny Perez

I'm Cuban American and yes, a lot of Cubans have great devotion to St. Barbara. I remember that as a child in Santiago de Cuba, one of our neighbors would put a large statue of St. Barbara out in his front porch on December 3rd, the eve of her feast. St. Barbara's statue would have on this beautiful red velvet cape and would have vases full of red and white flowers all around her. A lot of people would come and pray to her for her intercession. I was reading that St. Barbara appeared here on earth to Catholic saints such as St. Stanislaus Kostka and St. Faustina Kowalska of the Divine Mercy devotion. St. Barbara and two angels brought Holy Communion to St. Stanislaus Kostka when he was ill and also appeared to St. Faustina with a lot of radiance, wearing a crown on her head and holding the sword of her martyrdom. I hope St. Barbara's feast is reinserted in the Catholic Calendar again just like St. Catherine of Alexandria's feast on November 25th was reinserted by Pope Benedict XVI. It's sad that Pope Paul VI with the ongoing innovations back in the 1960s had to remove their feastdays in 1969. Holy St. Barbara, Virgin and Martyr pray for us!

12. Judy

Saint Barbara has always been my favorite saint to go to when I have needed help. Her story wasnt easy and yet she was so brave. Her story inspires me to be a better person and to be true to what I believe despite what others say. Also as a half Cuban American she is quite popular in our culture and known to protect us. Thank you St. Barbara for always protecting me , reminding us of the importance of the holy trinity and continue to pray for us. You are beautiful. Amen.

13. Katie Mettes

My brother died recently serving our country in the army. Saint Barbara, please pray for him

14. Melissa

Is santa Barbara a saint for the architects I read this article and did not see any mention. Please advise.
    thank you.

15. Karri

I am being baptized in the Catholic church soon and I am going to choose Barbara as my confirmation name because I am amazed at the amount of courage she had and will and bravery, she died being firm in her beliefs and nobody was going to make her believe anything less than what she knew was right, and I hope to have courage like that someday. And my brother is in the Army so she will protect him and my Father wanted to name me Barbara when I was born but my Mother stopped him, I guess he is going to get what he wanted in the first place, I guess he just knew better. :) And her name means unique, exotic and foreign woman and unique I am, so it's a great fit. Thanks for your time. Peace

16. maria barbara muodebelu

she is one in a million and she is my patron saint.I love her and i want to be like her, i wish to meet her in heaven.

17. meee

i heard that she was born in 216 AD and died in 306 AD, is that right? pleaaaase respond im doing a project on her and i need help!

18. meee

when was saint barbara born and died?

19. lucy gerbino

I had a dream today with St Barbara and she was telling me that that we do not have many time left. She was muving fast and had fire under her feet, but wasn't burning her. After

20. Barbara Morales

My husband just passed away. He was at a flea market soon after we were married 3 years ago May. He came in with a beautiful statue of St. Barbara. I didn't know the specific story of St. Barbara. When I read about her life, I know why I was given that name. I decided 8 years ago to convert to Catholicism and have experienced constant criticism and was raised almost reclusively and controlled by their desire for me to be Jewish. My conversion to Catholicism and my husband finding the Statue were no coincidences.

God is so good to us.