St. Rosalia Comments

St. Rosalia, daughter of Sinibald, Lord of Roses and Quisquina, was a descendant of the great Charlemagne. She was born at Palermo in Sicily. In her youth, her heart turned from earthly vanities to God. She left her home and took up her abode in a cave, on the walls of which she wrote these words: "I, Rosalia, daughter of Sinibald, Lord of Roses and Quisquina, have taken the resolution to live in this cave for the love of my Lord, Jesus ... Continue Reading

1. Rosalia

I was named after her, because my parents were born and raised in Palermo, and also admired her story. When I was 12 and went to visit the shrine, at Monte Pellegrino, I didn't appreicate it at all; mostly because I was scared (it was a statue of her holding her own head!) Later on, when I revisted as an adult and knew more of the story, I felt honored. However, now I'm trying to find the details of her beheading (not just my mother's version of it) and can't seem to find anything about it. :(
    In answer to previous comments: the reason the symbol is the skull has something to do with her beheading; yes, she lived in cave, at least that's where her shrine is; She is the Patron Saint of Sicily (the city of Palermo specifically) because she lived/died there and was said to be responsible for curing (or ridding) the city of the Black Plague.

2. Joseph Mathew

St. Rosalia, The patron of silence & mortifications, please pray for me to be more obedient to God.

3. Ronnie

Lets give a Big Higgs Boson Shoutout to Science. We Love you.

Thank you science for figuring out ways to always bless us and save us without feeling the need to put someone thru a ritualistic proces known as crucification.

Even if every experiment Science does is proven wrong, it in NO way means that the source of everything is concerned with religious rituals of any kind, nor are creators of universes insecure to the point that if you dont worship them they get mad!

The preceeding message was brought to you as always by our friends, CHECK and MATE :)

4. rosalia

my name is rosalia but im only 12!! i always though i never had a saint named after me but today i just found out that i do because i was searching for a saint and i found my name so im going to use saint rosalia for my confirmation :)

5. Skyler

Does anybody know what the meaning of Saint Rosalia name is?

6. Anna

Hey Does anyone know what she is the saint of????????

7. Kathryn

Her symbols are a crown of roses and a skull.

8. Belen

I wish that there was more info on her.. I can't find much anywhere.. She sounds like a great saint for confirmation.. She didn't heal the sick or do any miracles, but simply gave her life to God. It shows how something as "simple" as that can land yourself into the Saints category. Not implying that what she did was easy, but its something that is doable for everyone. Anyone has the ability to become a saint. It's not something that only the "super gifted" can do.

9. christina

this had a lot of information but does anyone know her symbol???

10. Miny

I really want to do this saint for my confirmation she was so... sweet giving up her life for god.

11. dj

this was very very helpful i had a report to do on a saint and this was super helpful

12. Tay-Tay

does ahyone know what her ybol was? I think it is roses but not actually sure. please help i am being confirmed and this is my saint and one of the questions are what is the Saints sybol. HELP PLEASE, THANK(:

13. Ryann

IM DOING HER AS MY CONFIRMATION SAINT TOO!!!!! does anyone know who wrote that article?

14. Kay

Does the feast day mean their birthday or is it a different thing?

15. Francesca

This is going to be my saint name and I liked her story!

16. Melissa

I found this Saint to be both intriguing in an odd sort of way,and almost romantic in her love for the Lord.

17. Fr. Ted

A good model for MORTIFICATION (dying to oneself) and OBSERVANCE of Solitude and Silence. In our generation, we need to bring back the VALUE of SILENCing oneself in PRAYER.

18. Rosalie

Is there any pictures of St. Rosalia?

19. Taylor

Im doing my confirmation name on her too. I also need more info

20. MICHELLE

i am using her to do an essay for confirmation.