St. Kateri Tekakwitha Comments

Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, Virgin, was canonized on 10/21/2012 by Pope Benedict XVI. Kateri was born near the town of Auriesville, New York, in the year 1656, the daughter of a Mohawk warrior. She was four years old when her mother died of smallpox. The disease also attacked Kateri and transfigured her face. She was adopted by her two aunts and an uncle. Kateri became converted as a teenager. She was baptized at the age of twenty and incurred ... Continue Reading

1. Lorraine
    7 months ago

I first learned of Kateri Tekawitha when I was a student in grammar school where I was educated by French-Canadian nuns. At the time, and even more so now, I was always impressed by her life and devotion to God. As a teenager, my family and I visited the shrine in Auriesville, NY. Your write-up on this saint has brought back many happy memories. Thank you.

2. Regan
    7 months ago

I am going to get confirmed soon and I choose St. Kateri because I love her beautiful story and she inspirers me everyday

3. Marian
    8 months ago

Soon, I am going to be confirmed. I chose Kateri to be my Saint's name because I have always loved the story of her life, ever since I was a little girl. Though, I think it might be becauseI'm part (barely) Native American.

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Kateri Tekakwitha, please pray for us to remain friendly with nature and the environment and thank God for all the things that He has created..

5. pinoy catholic

st. kateri, please pray for me and ask god to heal me of my difficulty in breathing....
    st. kateri, pray for us.

6. David Gunn

Many years ago I Joined the Franciscans but after a time left the Order and eventually lost my faith completely. Juring this time I always felt that St Francis was close by me despite the life I was leading. A few weeks ago I grasped hold of my long lost faith that had been lost to me many years before with a whole new passion and seeing the story on the EWTN tv of St Kateri today 14-7-2013 I felt a need to also ask her with St Francis to pray for me so that the multiple scars on my soul and mind may be healed and that I may be accepted back by my Heavenly Father.

7. chet bas

happy feast day St. Kateri Tekakwitha. please intercede for my mom and i and all our problems. thank you

8. Looking for a Confirmation Name Sake

I have been in love w/ this saint since I was 2 and the Pocahontas movie first came out. I loved the fantasy of her being an Indian and the beauty of her being a strong and devoted woman in faith. Her faith in God really inspires me. Anyway, my Confirmation is coming up soon and I want her or Joan of Arc to be my name sake. I'm printing this out along with Joan of Arc's story to read and hopefully learn more about! Thank You!

9. Steve

Saint Kateri, please intercede for healing on behalf of my cousin Becky who has been afflicted with Hepatitis C for many years after receiving a blood transfusion. I have faith in your intercession. Praise be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

10. MichelleMarie

St. Kateri, please pray for healing for my parents, and the renewal and restoration of their marriage if it be God's will. Please pray for healing for my family tree, for freedom from mental illness.

Amen.

11. love the lord

heal my hipperness

12. Natalle Lee

I am curently doing a project called the HCP "Historical Collaboration Project". I must write a five page essay on whom evre i please as long as it is in the 200 ad to 1600 ad time frame, my teacher gave us some ideas but the first person that came to mind in that time frame was Kateri. i didnt know much about her at first but after reading this web page and watching the video i have learned and all my questions have been answered! I am using some of the facts i learned while reading this! I will try and comment an attachment of my finished project including a slide show , hopfuly before Febuary 28, 2013 !

13. Marie Gallagher

St Kateri please intercede for my young son who has a serious addiction problem that he will be healed and return to his faith,

14. Kathleen Mallory

I learned about Kateri in 2009 while working in the Sacramento Mountains of New Mexico. I seemed to develop a strong appreciation for her after I started working on the Mescalero Apache reservation nearby. I began to pray to Kateri to safely guide my younger children home to me because they were in danger with their father in Louisiana. When another son welcomed his son four months too early I began a devotion to Kateri asking her to watch over the tiny child. In November of this year my little ones were returned to our home here in New Mexico and as of this posting my grandson is doing very well and should go home from the hospital next month. I do believe Kateri interceded on our behalf and am willing to tell everyone I know of her good works!s

15. Boris Nelson

There is a statue at the St. Michael's Elementary School in St. Michaels, AZ on the Navajo reservation. I have known since my days in elementary in the 1970's of St Kateri. I gave my oldest daughter her middle name Tekakwitha. My youngest daughter has been told she looks like St Kateri. In 2000, I made a new friend from Canada and she knew of St Kateri and even gave me the correct pronunciation of St Kateri's name. This shows me how strong an influence St Kateri had on me. I am grateful to St Katherine Drexel for bringing St Kateri closer to us in the Southwestern US.

Dear St Kateri,
    We are having some hard times with ecological destruction and water right problems in the Southwest. Pray for us that this beautiful country will be stripped for commercialism or unnecessary misuse.

16. James

Dear Saint Kateri,
    You know the suffering I endure through my disease, I ask not for healing but rather, to love my pain and my continual decline into death. Please, the thing that is utmost within my desire and which i beg of you, is that my little children,they are too young on thier own...(8,5,3 and 1 years old,) and my wife can gain understanding and consolations as I endure this....ease thier sorrow and grant them understanding and protect them once i am unable to do so any longer. As I uninte my suffing with the sufferings of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Chirst in union with Mary Immaculates and your own prayers use this for the conversion of sinners and both a increase in priestly vocations and a stronger unitive formation of religious with the teachings of the Church. Praise and Golry forever In Christs name we pray, Amen.

17. Adrian Panopio

St Kateri pray for us

amen...

18. HD

Thank you for this informative article. I believe St. Kateri is one of my guardian angels. I had a vision of her in a dream around late spring of 2010. She was standing next to a tree smiling very serenely, so very beautiful, and all I could remember is an immense feeling of calm and peace.

I did not know about this saint until today when I happened to come across an image of her. Initially, after the dream, I had thought it was the Virgin Mary dressed in Native American clothing but now I believe it was St. Kateri. I have also had a strong inclination toward St. Francis of Assisi, nature and animals and never really knew why but now how strange to know that St. Kateri and St. Francis are related protectors of the nature and animals!

I have experienced other unexplainable events which I believe to prove our spiritual existence though I prefer not to publicize them since I believe it was really a message meant for me. I would not consider myself a devout, "strict" Catholic though I do pray frequently.

I guess the message I want to leave with you is that the saints are closer than you may realize, and they do answer prayers. My prayer for the longest time was to identify who my guardian angels were or to at least meet/see them -- and it happened! Pray every day. Pray for everyone, every animal, and for the Earth. So many people forget to pray for animals and the Earth but both have life, too. Both also contain many messages and lessons from God if you only reflected and paid attention. Believe and do good. It's that simple. Take care and many blessings I am sure will come to you. Just keep your eyes and hearts open.

19. adnamasiisamanda

for all the people who have faithfully put their cares and the cares of those around them in your competent hands.. i pray for fidelety of their fath and the blessing of grace to their families

20. Wayne Golob

St. Kateri is the first Native American Roman Catholic saint. But we Orthodox already have two Native American saints, St. Yakov Netsvetov and St. Peter the Aleut.