St. John the Baptist Comments

John the Baptist was the son of Zachary, a priest of the Temple in Jerusalem, and Elizabeth, a kinswoman of Mary who visited her. He was probably born at Ain-Karim southwest of Jerusalem after the Angel Gabriel had told Zachary that his wife would bear a child even though she was an old woman. He lived as a hermit in the desert of Judea until about A.D. 27. When he was thirty, he began to preach on the banks of the Jordan against the evils of ... Continue Reading

1. commenter of things

when was john born and when did he die - please reply back or send a comment that tells me - otherwise this sight is so very helpful

2. commenter of things

i think this page is so helpful i rate it 1 billion out of ten and st. john is the best st. ever i couldn't think of anythihg better

go saint john!!!!!!!
    your the best

3. commenter of things

john the baptist rocks this world!!!

4. CELINE and LAURA

Hello,
    This is our fav website! John is awesome! Our brother was named after him!!! We always celebrate his birthday at home. He was such a great man. Sorry he still IS a great man who helped many people. I am doing a project on him now. My fav saint.... I LOVE YOU MORE THEN ANYTHING. Thanks :D babe

5. haha

bianca and kelly way to point out the obvious....

6. Bianca and kelly

his life was hard but he did not complane

7. gabriel

Was he made a saint before or after his adulterous and incestuous marriage with Herodias, wife of his half brother Philip ?

8. zac

when was john the baptist born

9. paul

I'm doing a report on St. John at my Catholic school. He was the clear choice.

10. paul

I'm doing a report on St. John at my Catholic school. He was the clear choice.

11. paul

I'm doing a report on St. John at my Catholic school. He was the clear choice.

12. paul

This was a very informative article, although I wish they knew more.

13. DeArt

cool

14. roselett

I'm proud of st. john the baptist

15. Ergent

hopefully someone is online and can answer this for me. I have to answer a question on why do we celebrate st john the baptist

16. hello

i found this web site very helpful because it had all of the information i needed for my school essay

17. zambooci

i am doing a report for some school in Africa

18. Adone Gubert

Jesus announced that there is no one greater than John. In their mothers wombs surrounded by water, the unborn cousins sensed each other presence. In the Gordan River both again surrounded by water, met face to face for their first time. St. John, many do not have the privilege to met with 'The Lamb of God' as you did. Help me to be worthy when receiving Jesus at Holy Eucharist. Make me mindful of His real hidden presence, within me. Amen. Adone

19. Braxton Mckissack

I am doing a report on him at St. Joseph School

20. Bobby

I am doing a report on him at St. Anthony school