St. John the Baptist Comments

John the Baptist was the son of Zachary, a priest of the Temple in Jerusalem, and Elizabeth, a kinswoman of Mary who visited her. He was probably born at Ain-Karim southwest of Jerusalem after the Angel Gabriel had told Zachary that his wife would bear a child even though she was an old woman. He lived as a hermit in the desert of Judea until about A.D. 27. When he was thirty, he began to preach on the banks of the Jordan against the evils of ... Continue Reading

1. Joni Ingram

Why was John called John The Baptist?

2. fun

helped me do my homework

3. casey

plz answer i have a report due tom!!!!!!! I am so angry i can't find any information but st john is the best and this websiter is amazing i couldn't find any info and when i went on this site i fell in love this site is so useful. st john rocks!!!!! lol go john.

4. casey

hi where is the auther of this article????

5. Steve Cherup

Oh St. John your still my favorite, I hope you got to see your good friend Jesus today!

6. stephen

one of the Great Saints, may he pray for us all...

7. waynne kerr

thanks it was very useful

8. elle

Yes, indeed you are born on a very special day. If you did your research then you would
    definitely know about st john the baptist. He is one of the greatest miracle saints, that is if you know how to pray. A lot of people appreciate him because of all the miracle favors.
    Reading your name here, I can see your last name is definitely french so you are probably Haitian or your family is. Well if your family is indeed catholic ask them about st john the baptist. His feast day is a holiday in Canada just a little hint.

9. Maria

Because St John was born three months before Jesus, I believe that the feast that we celebrate every June 24 is his birthday. About the date of his death, isn't it stated in his story that the feast for his beheading is August 9? The year? I think St John died three years before Jesus.

10. braxton cardinal

hi i am braxton iam 12 and it would be great if anyone had any inof for me thanks

11. faizah mae

i would like to thank this website its because this website tells me about all info of my homework...........!!!!!!!?? (^_^)

12. lol

it was really good

13. when was he born

when was he born and when did he die and can u plz leave a comment saying 10 facts about and thank you very much but if u dont help and u cant have my thank you

14. Ichigo

This guy was great I chose him on my saint report for confirmation

15. Ian

St. John the Baptist is awesome and i am doing a project on him.

16. kelly

john the baptist is great

17. JoseG

John was a great man

18. Bob II

he is amazing

19. Brandon Zerick

Helped me on my homework.

20. JiJo