St. John the Baptist Comments

John the Baptist was the son of Zachary, a priest of the Temple in Jerusalem, and Elizabeth, a kinswoman of Mary who visited her. He was probably born at Ain-Karim southwest of Jerusalem after the Angel Gabriel had told Zachary that his wife would bear a child even though she was an old woman. He lived as a hermit in the desert of Judea until about A.D. 27. When he was thirty, he began to preach on the banks of the Jordan against the evils of ... Continue Reading

1. waithiraa

St John the Baptist pray for me to be a true follower and example of Christ by living according to the gospel. May the holy spirit inspire me to denounce sin, and repent. Happy feast day!

2. Laisiana

Bula everyone. m from Fiji Islands. I live in a town called Ba(pronounced mba). Our Parish is Christ the King but our sector is named after Saint John the Baptist...we celebrated his feast day this year on a Monday but we had our celebrations on Sunday by having Mass, lunch together with the rest of our members and a quiz (whereby we had three teams) based on Saint Joh the Baptist. This site is very informative...if i had read it b4 our feast day....our team would have surely won..(we came in second)....i am now again researching our favourite saint because my son's school is celebrating library week next week and his teacher decided that they should dress up as characters from the bible.....i have chosen Saint John the Baptist.
    does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can achieve the camel hair look???? Pliz help!
    Saint John the Baptist...u Rock!

3. John

St. John the Baptist, i pray thee to grant my family good health of mind and body. Prayerful life to overcome sin. Drive the evil one from us. This i ask on this special day.
    Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

4. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Please pray for my children that they follow your footsteps in proclaiming the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Fill them with the Holy Spirit that they grow with the thirst to serve Christ and proclaim his Gospel. Instill in them the seed of virtues to bear witness to Christ and to become holy martyrs. Enable them to feel the presence of Christ in their hearts, body and soul. Help them to acquire all the knowledge needed to live in Faith and to spend their whole life in seeking the Lord. Empower us as parents to make every efforts to teach them Christian way of life and guide them to long for the Love of God and Love God for the sake of God. Keep them away from the evil one and let them not be influenced in any way to move towards evil. Protect them and strengthen their spirit to be pure and chaste. Amen.

5. Matilda Ankrah

St John the Baptist, Pray for me and my family, Amen

6. Joseph Mathew

St. John the Baptist, Please pray for us, who live in times of turbulence and overwhelming changes; Please pray that our Love do not grow cold and lukewarm; but remain inflamed by Faith!

7. Rosa

I was looking for more info in St John the Baptist and I found this website and I fell in love with it. St John was humble when the time came to baptized the Lord Jesus his cousin. I love to read about him, how lucky he was to be able to baptized the greatest man in the human history.

8. christopher antony

St. John the Baptist please pray for me and my family
    I ask for God Blessing
    Amen

9. Raj Ambrose

Dearest St.John,the Baptist,

I entreat thee to teach me to repent for my sins and to become a devote and righteous catholic who trusts in the abundance mercy of our Lord Jesus and to become a worthy sacrifice for Our Beloved Father through our Lord Jesus Christ. Kindly enable me to imitate thy qualities of Chastity and Obedience strengthened by Humility. Amen.

10. LoRouisese Audubon

John 10:40-41 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where JOHN at first baptized: and there he abode. And many restored unto him, and said, JOHN DID NO MIRACLE: but all things that JOHN spoke of this man were true.

11. John

John hte Baptist...a saint I admire for his courage. A man of god who Jesus spoke
    highly of. We as Catholics should emmulate this great saint in our day.

12. Joseph Mathew

St. John the Baptist, please remember me in your prayers.

13. Mona

Dear Saint John the Baptist, please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path and for his parents that they find the strenght and wisdom to guide him. Thank you.

14. christie

St. John the baptist, on your feast day, work a miracle for a little 4 year old boy who is tormented by seizures and pervasive developmental delays. There is nothing I do that can merit a reward, for I am sinful. Only God's mercy can bring relief and a full cure. Please, please help!

15. ac

i would like to thank this website its because this website tells me about all info of my homework...........!!!!!!!??

16. Erin

very helpful i just wish it was easier to site this so i can use the info for a paper im writing..

17. Allinson

Dear Sa Jao Baptista

Bless me and my family and help me to pass my interview which I have been waiting for over a week . Give me the good news I am waiting for. Bless us always.

18. JENNI

IM BACCKKKKKK ! I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you jesus... ur my idol. i wish one day i could be as heavenly has you and have everybody love me and worship me like we all worship you<3<3<3<3<3 i love you so much... my birthday is on the same day has john and IM SO SPECIAL AND LUCKY to be born on the same day as you. i love you man, u rock dont ever chane.

19. JENNI

OH HEY EVERYONE ITS JENNI AGAIN AND I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT IM SOOOOO HAPPY I CHOOSE JOHN THE BAPTIST FOR THE SAINT IM DOING MY CTP ON LIKE HES SO AMAZING AND RELATES TO ME SO MUCH LIKE WE BOTH HAVE A STONG PASSION FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS :) :) :) :) :) :D
    YAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOT GOOO JESUS U ROCK
    SO DO U ST.JOHN THE BAPTIST WOOT WOOT ! <3333 :D

20. JENNI

I LOVE U BEST SAINT EVAA!!!!!