St. Gerard Majella Comments

St. Gerard Majella, religious, is the patron of expectant mothers. He was born at Muro, Italy, in 1726 and joined the Redemptorists at the age of 23, becoming a professed lay brother in 1752. He served as sacristan, gardener, porter, infirmarian, and tailor. However, because of his great piety, extraordinary wisdom, and his gift of reading consciences, he was permitted to counsel communities of religious women. This humble servant of God ... Continue Reading

1. Janice P.

St. Gerard help me that i would get pregnant and that my husband and I would be blessed with a helathy and normal baby girl before the year 2011 ends. Help me be relaxed not be stressed and pressured. Strengthen my faith in you St. Gerard. Thank you.

2. Angela

St. Gerard I have been praying to you for several months to interceed for me and ask that I am blessed with a healthy pregnancy. I miscarried last year during my first pregnancy after 7 years of trying for a child. I am now pregnant again and am fearful of losing this blessing. Please pray for me that this child will continue to grow strong in my womb so that I will be able to give birth to a healthy baby and raise it up in Jesus name. Bless me with a healthy pregnancy and bless the child whom I now carry that it may see the light of day and life giving waters of baptism. In Jesus name, Amen.

3. allison

Dear Saint Gerard, please pray to Our Lord that we may be blessed with another child. Help us to move on from our recent disappointment and experience the joy of the miracle of conception and birth again. Please look after our dear baby Conor, our angel in heaven. Amen

4. Kristin Briar

Lord Jesus and St Gerard I thank you for the wonderful blessing of the two beautiful healthy daughters I have, I know that I am blessed. My husband and I are expecting our third child, St Gerard I pray to you for the health and safety of our unborn child. I pray for the health of the babies of other women who are pregnant and for those women who are trying to get pregnant. Amen

5. Janice Y. P.

St. Gerard, my husband & I have been married for three years. We are praying that we be blessed with a healthy and normal baby. Last July 2010, I had a miscarriage. Recently i underwent 2 cycles of fertility work-up but were not successful. St. Gerard help me conceive a healthy and normal baby. Thank you.

6. Siobhan Claire

Thank you for praying with us through the difficult first trimester, for stopping the bleeding and virtually all negative pregnancy symptoms. Thank you for holding this precious life safe in prayer with Jesus our Lord. Still another 23 weeks to go, but all is looking so well at this time. Thank you God for your mercy and compassion. Mary pray for me. St Gerard continue to lift us up in prayer. Bless our marriage at this time and keep us strong in our love for each other, in Christ's love for us. Be with all the mothers and babies who have asked for intercession on this page. With confidence in your great favour with Our Lord, as witnessed personally, Amen

7. Carolee

My Dear St. Gerard - I have just found you and I know you were sent to me from God, I come before you today that you will intercede on my behalf, and ask our holy father to bless Joe and I with a child of our own. Please answer our prayers and keep us safe. Thank you

8. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Gerard Majella, Please pray for all unborn children especially those threatened with abortion. Thank You.

9. Allison

Wonderful St Gerard, hear my prayers to fall pregnant before the years end. O good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before God and Wonder-worker of our day, I call upon thee and seek thy aid. Thou who on earth didst always fulfill God's design help me to do the Holy Will of God. Beseech the Master of Life, from Whom all paternity proceedeth to render me fruitful in offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life and heirs to the Kingdom of His glory in the world to come. Amen.
    Dear Mother Mary, speak to Jesus for me.

10. Allison

O Great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted Child of the Mother of God: enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love. O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the Patron and Protector of expectant mothers. Preserve me from danger and pray for me to conceive a child, that it may see the light of day and receive the lustral waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

11. Gerard Colin

Dear Saint Gerard. I'm proud to declare you as my patron. Please keep us in prayer and grant my wife a safe delivery. Please also intercede for us this day as our beloved 2 year old goes through her surgery. Thank you dear Saint Gerard

12. Mary

St. Gerard, on this your feast, October 16th, 2011, I give you thanks for my 10 year old granddaughter whose birthday is today. You were our great intercessor when her mother was having a very difficult pregnancy and had already lost one baby. A friend who is a Redemptorist brother, like you were, was praying to you and so were some other family friends. This beautiful, healthy little girl was born on YOUR FEAST DAY! Thank you. I continue to spread this wonderful story of a prayer answered.

13. geraldine

Thank you for all your help so far, please help me be a better person and more understanding of other people and their needs.Help me accept my inability to concieve.

14. Maria Ramirez

Thank you St.Gerard for my son Ryan Gerard Ramirez, After several years of trying to conceive I prayed for your help and I now have a beautiful son. He was born 4 weeks early but is healthy and strong! He is now 12 days old and thanks to you and Jesus he is growing stronger everyday. Happy Feast Day!!! Thank you for all the Blessings we love you!-Maria

15. Marilyn

Dear St. Gerard,
    Please grant me your gift of humility. I was fired from a job that I was certain was a gift from God. It was. I was happy and able to use my interior design talents to help the veterans of our country. These last few days I have been working on papers to save my reputation and blow the whistle on those who fired me. I do want the abuses in our government to stop, but admit that I am trying to protect myself as well. Please pray for me to not address this issue in this manner, but accept that God has another way for me to do His work. Please make me not ashamed, but grateful for the nearly one year of work that i enjoyed at the VA. Please forgive those who did this to me. Please help me to forgive them as well. Please help me to find another way to be of service with whatever God has in mind for me. Please keep me from lashing out at those who condemn me.

Please also be close to the child that I lost to miscarriage in 1973. Tell him/her that I still love that precious child that I never met or even saw. Thank you, St. Gerard and please help all who have asked for your intervention for thier children and their pregnancies. Please tell God that I love Him and ask His forgiveness.

16. Gerry Torres

44 years ago, the doctors told my mother not to carry me for 9 months because she would not survive. I assume the option was to abort. She went ahead and when she began to experience substantial medical complications, she prayed to St. Gerard. Here I am today. I often thank and pray to St. Gerard.
    I love you dearly St. Gerard. You have helped so many, how can I help?

17. sobayrick

It is a shame that today is St. Margaret Mary Alocoque feast day and she was not mentioned in your Saints of the Day. It is she who the Sacred Heart of Jesus gave the 12 promises to, and it was she who began the First Friday Novena to the Sacred Heart back in the 1600's.

18. rowena

Dear St. Gerard,

I GIVE PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD FOR GIVING YOU TO US AS OUR INTERCESSOR. WE HAVE BEEN PRAYING TO HAVE A BABY FOR 11 YEARS AND WITH YOUR HELP WE WERE BLESSED WITH A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL MARIANNA, WHO WILL BE TURNING 2 THIS COMING NOV. 28. HAPPY FEAST DAY TO YOU ST. GERARD.!!!!!

TODAY WE WOULD LIKE TO LIFT UP TO YOU OUR FAMILY FRIEND'S DAUGHTER, ABIGAIL . SHE JUST TURNED 1 MONTH LAST OCT. 14, AND SHE IS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL TRYING TO WEAN FROM OXYGEN , FOR SHE HAS A HEART PROBLEM,

ALSO, WE LIFT UP TO YOU BABY KELAN FOR HIS COMING SURGERY, WHO JUST TURNED 1 YEAR LAST OCT. 09.

AGAIN, HAPPY FEAST DAY!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU.

19. Aunt Peggy

St. Gerard please hear our prayers and intercede as my niece Melissa and her husband Dan would be 2 of the best parents a child could hope for. God bless them and our entire family.

20. sakthiya

I pray to St. Gerard....my periods has been delayed for 6 days.... i hope i should conceive and the result should come positive......plz help me god