St. Florian Comments

The St. Florian commemorated in the Roman Martyrology on May 4th, was an officer of the Roman army, who occupied a high administrative post in Noricum, now part of Austria, and who suffered death for the Faith in the days of Diocletian. His legendary "Acts" state that he gave himself up at Lorch to the soldiers of Aquilinus, the governor, when they were rounding up the Christians, and after making a bold confession, he was twice scourged, ... Continue Reading

1. Ric Florian Abadesco

My middle name is Florian and since it sounded like a girl's name, I kept it hidden for the longest time. Now, knowing who St Florian (a military officer!) is and how he gave h up his life for his faith, I will ask for his intercession and will proudly proclaim him as my
    patron saint!

2. Bob

I wasnt a great swimmer when I was about 11 or 12. And it was juring the Summer when we were having lessons in the local pool. I had a cross teacher and whats more, I was moved down to the deep end - because I was tall and had already spent too much time in the smaller pools. I was tall enough but not as long as the depth of the pool. I was fairly, alright at doing the breast stroke but I couldnt do the back stroke. The teacher told us that next week we'd be doing the back stroke, I was worried. I prayed to Saint Florian who is the patron against drowning that the teacher wouldnt be get frustrated or mad with me. The next week came and I was sitting on the side of the pool listening how to do the back stroke. He told us to get into the water and do the back stroke. I leaned back on the water and kicked softly. I was doing it! Up till then I was worried, but in the end the teacher didnt shout at me. St. Florian has helped me with so many things. He is a powerful intercessor and a great friend to have. Thanks St. Florian

3. Hunter

who published this and who is the author and what year was it published.
    My dad, and 4 uncles are volenteer firefighters and i hope to be one when i am older

4. John McVey

Vincent, St Micheal is the Patron Saint of EMTs and Paramedics

5. cris

im a wildland firefighter and ST. FLORIAN is with me every where i go

6. Vincent Bell

I am a volunteer firefighter. But I work as a Paramedic..which Saint represents Paramedics? Email me. Thanks.

St Florian watch out over all my brothers.