St. Bernadette Comments

On April 16, 1879, Bernadette -- or Sister Marie-Bernard, as she was known within her order -- died in the Sainte Croix (Holy Cross) Infirmary of the Convent of Saint-Gildard. She was thirty-five. Born into a humble family which little by little fell into extreme poverty, Bernadette had always been a frail child. Quite young, she had already suffered from digestive trouble, then after having just escaped being a victim of the cholera epidemic ... Continue Reading

1. Victoria

i go to a school named st bernadette in bellevue

2. kk

this really helped me on my essay!

3. Christina H.

I love this site!

4. isabella

this is awesome!

5. st. mark

hi this is a cool site

6. Katelyn Alise

I am using St.Clare for my confirmation name. And as well as using her for my saint report. Clare is a very beautiful name and I am glad I am using it.

7. Jocelyn

Thank you for this helpful information. My mom and I used this site to help during the confirmation process. It was very easy to read. : )

8. Kaitlin

thanks this was very useful for when i had to write my confirmation report last year.

9. paige

Thanks! i was doing a project for ccd for my confirmation and i needed to have a saint name i think i want to use hers! Thankies

10. samantha

this was very helpful THANKS

11. steph

i'm doing a confirmation report about her. i've seen a movie about her as well! kinda sad.

12. Patricia

this is very helpful,i was searching for saint for my project and I found Bernadette,she have a very interesting story so i chose her for my project,i even gathered some information about her

13. :)

im also doing a confirmation name report on her. this site helped alot! thanks

14. Megs

this was quite helpful. i am doing a report on her for confirmation, and this was useful in my research. :)

15. 5 years ago

this is a very interesting Saint to learn about and i would have loved to have met her in her early days!

16. diana rodriguez

i think Bernadettes life is really inspiring and reflective.

17. Chere

I think that Bernadette is a lovely person and I am honoured to have read about her life.

18. santo

I read the life of Jennifer Jones who played the role of Bernadette.She was also a Catholic and had a very sad married life. Her daughter committed suicide by jumping from 22 floors in Los Angeles. I was so sad to read this because to me Jennifer was Bernadette. She like Bernadette could not find happiness in this world even though she was a millionaire. How interesting.

19. santo

Our Lady told Bernadette that she could not promise her happiness in this world, only in the next. I think that goes for all of us. We have to give up everything we have and go out like we came in with nothing. WE have to give Jesus I very own wishes and dreams. We are on a journey to be with him and this life is preparation for another life, a life where there is no sickness or sorrow. Our Lady of Lourdes help me understand what God wants me to do and to accept my cross.

20. Adele

Thank You I enjoyed reading about St. Bernadette. I watch the movie every time it comes on.