St. Bernadette Comments

On April 16, 1879, Bernadette -- or Sister Marie-Bernard, as she was known within her order -- died in the Sainte Croix (Holy Cross) Infirmary of the Convent of Saint-Gildard. She was thirty-five. Born into a humble family which little by little fell into extreme poverty, Bernadette had always been a frail child. Quite young, she had already suffered from digestive trouble, then after having just escaped being a victim of the cholera epidemic ... Continue Reading

1. zara

thankyou very much i have been helped with my homework she is a lovely lady an i wish all the best , you should be very pleased about her . thankyou for this site

2. Shirley Issa

Hi Mike Hull,

Try the site above, and also please accept that there are so many virtues in a saint, it could be any number of things of St Bernadettes life that your Mum could relate to. Just search your heart and match your mums virtues and values to Bernadette and her life.

Been a Teacher, she would have prayed for Bernadette to pray for your Mum to be patient, perservering, comforting, compassionate, empathetic to children thirsting for knowledge.

Education was important to bernadette, but because of her illnesses, she found it difficult to attend school and retain knwoledge.

Yet her simple personality meant that she was pure of heart, innocent of mind, body and soul, and her spirit was inspirational.

She by her life and purity was inspirational in itself, her holiness and faithfullness to our Lady , her obdience and confidence in Our ladys Instructions, was admirable and powerfull.

Your Mum as a Teacher would have found that inspirational and kept her hopefull of doing the best she could to inspire others genuinely and teach well her students to the best of her abilites, taking in account that we are all different individuals with vaying ways of comprehension and understanding.

We all learn and adapt in unique ways that help us. Your Mum new and understood that in her heart and attended to all students in a special way, that they all will remember and treasure for a lifetime.

Your Mum God rest her soul simply Loved Bernadette as her patron.

Take Care and God Bless you.

3. Leah Ann

saint bernadette is my patron saint, and i love the stories of her live. i know that she will be my patroness for my confirmation. this site has helped me alot and i could write my report. THANK YOU!!!:):):)

4. Grace

This was vary helpful! Thank you! I picked St. Bernadette

5. Priscilla Sinbad

She is one of my favourite saint and i like her humbleness

6. Kristen

St. Bernadette has been my favorite saint ever since I was in kindergarten and I learned about her for the first time in Sunday School. I loved her story and I have always known that she would be my Confirmation patroness. This article was extremely helpful in writing my report on her and I had never heard of this site before... Thank you so much!

~Kristen

7. Kathy

I wanted to leave a message because I am going to have St. Bernadette for my saint name. St. Bernadette Rocks!!! :) <3

8. Jennifer

I have always loved Saint Bernadette! This article is informative, but some others I've read are fantastic as well. I just picked her as my confirmation saint :)

9. Irene Szotak

St. Bernadette she is amazing she is my favorite Saint,i love her dearly,
    i pray., Please keep me and my family in your prayers my son has 2nd stage cancer I ask to heal John's body , God bless!!!

10. Raiden

St. Bernadette was also my favorite saint, because of her good deeds and honesty in life makes me change ..thank you St. Bernadette.

11. Katherine:)

St. Bernadette is one of my favourite saints. I am using her name as my confermation name. My birthday is also on her feast day. She is so amazing!

12. Laura

This brings back memories for me. If I remember correctly, it was about 29 years ago that I chose St. Bernadette as my confirmation name. I love her story, and I remember writing a report on her prior to my confirmation as well. I often wish I could get to Lourdes.

13. erika

she sounds wonderfully interesting,and a little like st. Germaine Cousin who i just read about.

14. mercedes

St. Bernadette is the The greatest saint in the world ,and i love her very much , that i may choose her for my confirmation name. since she is the patron of people sick or have illness, well, me being autistic, i have a very weak immune system and i get sick easily then normal people do. i heard about her at the age of 12,when i saw my first movie about her on EWTN,the story was very insipiring. i love you,st.bernadette, please pray for me.

15. Megan Harwick

I watched the video with children with clefs and if there is anything I can do to help let me know please

16. Jean S.

Very good site and article. A few suggestions though. I need to cite my sources for my report. A good thing would be to put the author, date this article was written, and the publisher of the site (more than just Catholic Online). Thank you for the information.

17. Emma R.

I luv this saint! when i first saw pictures, i was amazed!

18. Amy Lau

St Bernadatte talks about seeing Virgin Mary and yet there are so many Christians (non-Catholics) out there who opposes us adoring and praying to Mary.
    I am honestly deeply disturbed. Mary is Jesus's mother. Without Mary, who is Jesus? She is God's chosen one! Jesus died for us on the cross, shouldn't we honor His mother's suffering - the sadness to see her son die for all of us?

19. Trina

this article really helped with my report I love St.Bernadette she inspires me to be tolerant and patient as she always was never seeking publicity or fame I wish to be like her some day I am choosing her for my confirmation saint and St.bernadette please keep me and my family in your prayers God bless!!!

20. (:!

this really helped me with my st. project for confermation