St. Marguerite Bourgeoys Comments

Marguerite had survived many threats in the twenty-six years she had been in wilderness of Canada. She had lived through Iroquois attacks, a fire that destroyed her small village, plagues on the ships that she took back and forth to France, but nothing threatened her dreams and hopes more than what her own bishop said to her in 1679. He told her that she had to join her Congregation of Notre Dame with its teaching sisters to a cloistered ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    7 months ago

St. Marguerite Bourgeoys, please continue to pray for me.

2. christopher

St.Marguerite Bourgeoys please pray for me and my family
    God bless you
    Amen

3. Anne

Margaret Bourgeoy's life inspires me to continue to work for the poor and under-served in my community.

4. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path and peace, for his mother that the doctors can slow the prgression of her disease and for al cancer patients that we deal with our disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

5. Joseph Mathew

St. Maguerite Bourgeoys, Please continue to pray for me to be faithful in my commitment to God and to others.

6. Jeff

Please pray for me St. Marguerite and my family..........thank you and God Bless You.

7. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Help me to pray continuously in order to discern the call of God. Enable me to be strong, loving and compassionate as you were in times of troubles and struggles. Teach me to keep my heart pure and my conscience honest. Pray for me that I would become a worthy instrument in the hands our Blessed Lord to fulfill his will on earth. Amen.

8. christie

St. Marguerite Bourgeoys, pray for me now. I feel lonely, desolate and forlorn. Help to pick myself up, dust myself and move on. Amen.

9. Courageous

Please pray that my brain be healed.

10. Andrew

St. Marguerite Bourgeoys, thank you for your guidance and compassion. Please continue to guide me and help me to live out our shared vocation.

11. TeAnna

It didn't really say about what symbols that I can use but iI probably wasn't looking hard enough. But ya it was helpful

12. JC

Thank you St Marguerite for your intercession...May your perseverence inspire all who seek the will of God!

13. May

Blessed Marguerite Bourgeoys, please intercede for us. You who survived attacks of all kinds on your faith and service. Help me keep my faith strong despite the threats of the world and my own doubts. Amen

14. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Marguerite Bourgeoys, Please pray for me to fulfill my commitments to others. Thank You.

15. Steve

What a deep love & faith to mirror her incredible pseronal strength. Marguerite, please pray for us.

16. christie

Dear St. Marguerite Bourgeouys, what a great woman of faith, determination and steadfastness. You and your little band of women lived in the extreme cold out in the wilderness among the native Indians solely with the view to helping them. What astounds me is your strength of character to endure such terrible hardship of extreme weather, dangerous travel etc. And you were single-minded of purpose in this mission which God gave you. Nothing, nothing could come in your way, not even the Bishop. Dear saint who administered to the poor, undernourished, illiterate children, you are our inspiration. Pray for us. Grant healing to all children who suffer from terrible afflictions, seizures, and developmental delays. Today on you feast day, through your intercession in Heaven, grant a complete cure to all children suffering from fragile X. I recommend them to your special care and personal intercession. You stormed Heaven when you were on earth. Do it now in the presence of the Blessed Trinity. Grant success in answer to our prayers. Amen.

17. Sophos

It is indeed very enriching to read about this first femail saint of Canada. They lived in huts in the cold Winter of Montreal, imagine!! All with a zeal and purpose. It is exciting and inspiring that this young heroic woman could stand up to the bishop to express her convictions, already in the middle ages! We are grateful to Pope John Paull that he canonized this great woman!

18. Erica B

thanks for this information. it was really helpful. :)

19. Michael Joseph Holloran

...What a Great Story of a Great Woman of God...She stayed strong...Stayed the course...and listed to the "Still Small Voice of the The Most Holy Spirit"...And she lived a Productive - Holy - Purposeful Life, for the Lord who gave A L L for her,
    she was able to give her A L L for Him too !
    She reminds me of a woman of God I met from Ohio, let's call her Karen (Mc Neill)
    she's the Holiest, most Loving, and giving woman I've ever had the pure pleasure to meet, I only wish I could meet someone like her and be so Blessed as to work beside her daily... Because we'd both be serving our Lord as we belive He has called us, and maybe even share our lives together. Where's my Karen, only God knows, because "God Sees" (ALL) ...St. Marguerite Bourgeoys, Pray for Us ! MJH

20. Monimac

It is easy to understand the bishop's fears. What if the nuns were captured by the Iroquois? Would they be raped, scalped, made into slaves? More rumour than fact surrounded relations between settlers and native tribes at that time. And it was the bishop's charge to protect his people. Who could hear this story without feeling a great admiration for those women who persisted in helping the natives improve their physical health, and under the hardest possible conditions, extended literacy to them and their children. They overcame enormous obstacles and were successful beyond measure..

This should be made into a movie.