St. Rose Venerini Comments

Blessed Rose was born at Viterbo in 1656, the daughter of Godfrey Venerini, a physician. Upon the death of a young man who had been paying court to her, she entered a convent, but after a few months had to return home to look after her widowed mother. Rose use to gather the women and girls of the neighborhood to say the rosary together in the evenings, and when she found how ignorant many of them were of their religion, she began to instruct ... Continue Reading

1. Morgan
    7 months ago

Thanks for the helpful info about Saint Rose. I'm choosing my confirmation name because of her, mostly because of Rose on Doctor Who...ya...

2. bucklaw

Astounding how many saints don't have prayers.

3. Joseph Mathew

St. Rose Venerini, please continue to pray for us, to become more dedicated in our service to others.

4. rosa sash

i am so great i came to this website this is the right name for me thank you very much i have already showed my mom and she has reccomended this website to all her friends that are making their confirmation to so you are going to have very excited people coming on your website very soon so buckle up.

5. Jessica

I wanted to choose saint rose as my confirmation saint for a few different reasons. The first (and I think most important) is that my grandmother's name was Rose, and she inspired me greatly to grow in my faith. She passed away recently, and while I miss her very much I know that she is looking down at me, watching me make this decision and smiling. Another reason I want to choose Saint Rose is because she was a teacher of women and girls. My mother and father are both teachers, as were both my paternal grandparents and one of my maternal grandparents. Just writing this I believe that I have made the decision of which saint to use as my confirmation saint. I hope you all have a great day.

6. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Rose Venerini, Your holy life is an inspiration to all of us. Please do pray for us.

7. Ann

Please pray for Rachel who was attacked recently. Help her find healing of mind and ensure her path towards truth and goodness. Please pray for all the young people to not sell themselves short and escape into the false promises of promiscuity.

8. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path an pray for his parents that they find the strenght to lead him. Thanj you Saint Rosa Venerini.

9. chrisie

St. Rose of Venerini, I feel close to you, by what I've read today on Catholic online. Your early life was marred by the death of your mother and siblings, but nothing kept you away from your focus on Christ Jesus. Dear Saint help all who turn away from Him or blame Him when things go wrong. It's interesting to note that you were disturbed by young girls' conversation "before and after prayer", much like what is happening in our churches. Help us to be zealous in our love for Jesus, after we leave Sunday Mass. Saint Rose, your work has been so successful in the "instruction and Christian formation of young women". Help us who have daughters to remember that earthly success is only half the measure of success. In this Easter, Ascension and Pentecost season, intercede for us, that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit will work wonders untold, that all women may be empowered by His gifts and fruits. Grant that we may be edified by the power of wind and flame, like the Apostles were. Give us the gift of responding to the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

10. bob

blessed she is not a saint. you need 2 merical to becom saint. however if i had to say wate she was the patrin saint off it would be teacher.

11. Fred

I love the idea of receiving the Saints each day, but I must comment that the editorial work done before sending them out is extremely disappointing. I am hardly an expert, but a great number of grammatical errors are usually present, obvious mistakes usually remain from what appears to be sloppy "cut and paste" work, and pertinent basic information is too often lacking.
    Again, I love the idea of the Saint of the Day, but I am sorely disappointed with the actual content.

12. Graziella Maria

Blessed Rose seemed to be a decent person whose job was to teach those in her midst.

Imagiune how difficult it must be to drop everything and dedicate your life to another calling/urging/need/demand. Ugh! No wonder she is Blessed.

I have a tough time merely trying to clean my closets and organize paper paraphenalia! Pray for me now as I am dealing with a stubborn person. YIkes! It took this woman over 20 years to return small trinkets she was holding onto....to their rightful owners! Charming, eh?

I vouchesafe NEVER to be that stubborn-enough to drive anyone crazy-oops, I have done that already

PEACE:)

13. rachelle

can you help me find a female saint that would correspond to my name: RACHELLE
    DAWN

14. Br. Joseph

She is already saint. Why did Catholic Online not check her status?

15. meghan p. Rose

using this for my confirmation name and i have to to a project for BLESSED ROSE. Thank you for you help.

16. Alyssa Elaine ROSE

Using Rose for my confirmation name! Thanks for the great bio! <3

17. rachel

i think i'm going to choose Rose as my saints name because it's a very pretty name & i like it a lot.

18. krj

what is rose patron saint of??????????
    HELP!!!!!!!!!
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME?

19. Kourtney

i chose rose cause my gandmothers name was rosie so i want rose its close to rosie

20. Megan

This was helpfull. i have to find a confirmation saint so i will choose "Rose" because i just LOVE that name. :)