St. Isabel of France Comments

Sister of St. Louis and daughter of King Louis VIII of France and Blanche of Castile, she refused offers of marriage from several noble suitors to continue her life of virginity consecrated to God. She ministered to the sick and the poor, and after the death of her mother, founded the Franciscan Monastery of the Humility of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Longchamps in Paris. She lived there in austerity but never became a nun and refused to become ... Continue Reading

1. William Jerome

It is nice to see that at the time that the Church was being torn apart by "reformers'" there were holy men and woman who did not need to be "reformed."

2. Martin

Saint Isabel is the complete opposite of Charlie Sheen. God bless all.

3. isabel

st. isabel is so cool not because its my name.

4. bummullua

i luv saint isy

5. Jacquline

I really like this name an im trying to find out more information on her because im using it for my confmation name!

6. brina

hey i'm choosing isabella for my confirmation name too... any useful info? cause i need to write a report for confirmation on her! also any websites would b helpful... thx ;D <3

7. isabella

i love the name!!! just cuz its mine :)

8. Isabelle

My name is Isabelle

9. emily

yeahh my confirmation is this month nd i hav 2 look up info on this saint. i luv the name isabel thts y im choosing it =)

10. elizabeth

im using this for my confirmation name too:) my name is elizabeth and this is my name in another language:)

11. helen

If you are interested in St Isabelle, Shawn Field has just published a very good book on her life at the french court and her life at Longchamps.

12. Isabel

Isabel has the same origin as Elizabeth so the first Saint Isabel is the sister of Mary.

13. Michele

im choosing this as my confirmation name =) It's such a pretty name!!! i think i might name my daughter Isabelle or Isabella one day.

14. Joys George

I am going to put the name 'Isabel' to my newborn daughter

15. Mackenzie

I'm also choosing her for my confirmation name, she is great!!!!

16. rachel

i love the name Isabel, im choosing it for my confirmation but i doesn't say a lot about her anywhere :/

17. Loz

I love Saint Isabel!!
    It's my confirmation name!

18. sara

Her name, Isabel, means dedicated to God, i chose this name also for confirmation!

19. Ieshia

i cant find a lot of information on her

20. Leila

I totally have to pick this name for Confirmation because she was a saint and also my Great Grandmothers name was Isabel!!!