St. Henry Comments

St. Henry, son of Henry, Duke of Bavaria, and of Gisella, daughter of Conrad, King of Burgundy, was born in 972. He received an excellent education under the care of St. Wolfgang, Bishop of Ratisbon. In 995, St. Henry succeeded his father as Duke of Bavaria, and in 1002, upon the death of his cousin, Otho III, he was elected emperor. Firmly anchored upon the great eternal truths, which the practice of meditation kept alive in his heart, he was ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Henry, Please pray for me to discern and obey the will of God in all things!

2. Joseph santiago CMF

He encouraged and people in their missionary activities ;he st up many dioceses and founded monasteries. He had power and wealth. he made use of the earthly goods to receive the heavenly graces from God. he had the heart to make of the wealth towards the spiritual life of the people.Good Man. He was a wise man.

3. christie

I'm delighted to have read this article on the holy and humble life of St. Henry. It is truly a life in which a great emperor could see his God's calling first and put it well before his exalted status in civil life. Both the emperor and his empress were declared saints of the Catholic Church. St Henry you are the patron saint the handicapped. I recommend to you my beloved grandson, for his full recovery. And a life of great success in overcoming his fragile X condition.

4. Henry Oyao

I have heard already the name of St. Henry. But i dont remember his feast day, thanks to my sister in my community who reminds me about him. St. Henry pray for us! henry from Virgen de Regla Parish, Lapu-lapu Cebu, Philippines.

5. D Paul

I also want to buy an outdoor statue of St. Henry. I have done extensive searches on the internet. I am unable to find. Can anyone help?

6. maria Sila

My daughter was born on the 13th July 2008.and my husband and i decided to name her Henrietta. i felt there was something special about this date but i never knew up until today. This will be a special feast for my family. Thank you Maria

7. sherry sabe

where can i purchase a outdoor statue of st. henry. i live in cleveland, ohio?
    Sherry

8. Henry mworia

Thanks now i know my name sake is sitted at Gods side,i will always honour his day.

9. Henry Nwobu

I pray dat God wil help to be like st Henry

10. Madueke Henry

I love hearing about saints and their good works. How i wish i could be one of them in my live journey. May God Bless us. Amen

11. Bill F.

I am priviledged and honored to be working for the parish community of Saint Henry. God has led me here to do my best with the ministry of Liturgy and Music. I will walk with my Pastor, staff and community, pointing always in the direction of Jesus Christ.

St. Henry and St. Cunegundes, pray for us.
    Praised be Jesus Christ!

12. J Christian

Saint Henry of Bavaria pray for us all; pray for sons and daughters of Bavaria now living around the world; pray for those rejected of monasteries today, and for monasteries that they be sound and sinless; pray for readers of books and thinkers of thoughts, like, "Love is the way I walk in gratitude;" pray for those handicapped that they have succor; pray for the poor that they may have more; pray for all soldiers far from home; pray for good treaties to bring true peace, Amen.