St. Helena Comments

Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was made Caesar, or junior emperor. He divorced Helena to marry co Emperor Maximianís stepdaughter. Constantine became emperor in 312 after the fateful victory at Milvian Bridge, and Helena was named Augusta, or empress. She converted to Christianity ... Continue Reading

1. Emmie

OMG I LOVEEE her name its's so cool!!!

2. izzitheprocrastinator

helena is a very interesting saint. if you search 'helena of the true cross' on google, they have research on her on the brown uni website. it was very useful for my report on her.

3. Wendy A Curran

My baby grand-daughter is named Helena, so I was very interested to read that she is indeed a saint and a very interesting one. When she is old enough to understand, I will explain the name to her. A Catholic grandma.

4. Kara

I love St. Helena too, i used her as my Confirmation name.

5. jukiyo

i love her....... she's very awesome..... i think she's lucky she found the true cross...

6. Eva

This is like nothing. it doesnt give when she's born or when she dies or ever her parents name. we need info!!!

7. Liam Keyes

Would you believe in this Day and Age, Helena is not uncommon...

8. Lily

I belong to St. Helena Catholic church in San Antonio, TX and I totally love her life's story!

9. Ron Mulvaney

This is an entirely too light a treatment of a truly remarkable saint.

10. barb

Is the name pronounced ha la na or ha lee na or hel e na

11. someone

when was saint Helena canonized?

12. my name is Helena

i love the name Helena so much.very caring,charity and the name Helena is worth bearing and i promise to name my daughter Helena.

13. hannah

I love St. Helena! I'm thinking of using her as my confirmaton saint name.

14. Erin

I live in Helena, MT and attend Helena Catholic Cathedral!

15. Helena Joseph

Really, Helena is worth bearing. I will name my daughter after me for continuity.

16. Elena

cool my name is Elena, which is the spanish version.

17. Melissa

Me too! I admire St. Helena and I'm choosing her as my confirmation name. And I'm a 38 year old convert from atheism! Go figure. God bless.

18. Amy

i think Helena is a legend and i am going to have her as my Confirmation name is is fantastic i nd i hope i will follow her foot steps so is fantastic

19. Erin

i think ill so totally have her as my conformation saint !

20. ceiligirl

she is totally my saint's name!!!!