St. Helena Comments

Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was made Caesar, or junior emperor. He divorced Helena to marry co Emperor Maximianís stepdaughter. Constantine became emperor in 312 after the fateful victory at Milvian Bridge, and Helena was named Augusta, or empress. She converted to Christianity ... Continue Reading

1. keiti
    8 months ago

I love saint Helena and I learn a lot of thinks about the beautiful saint Helena

2. Martha

I learned a lot about ST Helena, by carrying the cross, she is teaching us to carry our problems knowing that Jesus died for us and he will be with us for ever.

3. Joseph Mathew

St. Helena, please pray for us to remain firm in our faith that has been handed over to us by our forefathers.

4. cass

thanks

5. Alice

I'm using her name as my conformation name. I think its soooooo beautiful!

6. Livy

I have been looking for a saint that i admired like this for 2 hours and i finally found one!

7. helena

castrox my conformation name is going to be that too so coooll

8. Emmanuel

St Helena how ardent u were to locate the true cross. I salute u and please pray for me, an erring soul.

9. Joseph Mathew

St. Helena, Please pray for us.

10. chet bas

happy feast day St. Helena. thank you for helping in the spread of Christianity.

11. Maggie

I've been searching for Saint Helena because my grandma's name was Helen so I wanted to use her name for confirmation as a sign of respect towards her. When I did look her up I was estatic she is such an interesting Saint!

12. eabha

i love the name helena...and im going to take it as my confirmation name!!!!!!!! bye!!!!!!!

13. catsrox

i <3 the name it is going to be my conformation name

14. Amamda Santiago

May I have more info on st.helena

15. catholic

st helena is my patron saint because my name is helena too :)

16. christie

St. Helena, I've been blessed with many visits to Santa Crucia in Jerusaleme, the Church in Rome where the relics, nails, the cross beam of the holy cross of Jesus is honoured. Catholics visit this church which is one of the "sette chiesa" of Rome, i.e one of the seven Churches that Catholics visit. We honour you St. Helena, for the glory you brought to Christ in promoting and spreading Christianity in Rome after it had suffered several centuries of persecution. Pray for us who live in countries where Christians are a small minority, that our faith may grow even stronger on account of that. May we be witnesses to Christ. I also ask for your holy intercession of the complete healing of my beloved grandson. Free him from all afflictions. This I ask in Jesus name. Amen.

17. ma

St. Helena i ask to pls help me with my husband. Too many mistakes have been done. I ask in the same of my children and me to help me in my need. Show me the light at the end of the tunnel.

18. Angelo Giordimaina

My name is Angelo and I was born in the largest town of Malta Birkirkara.The patron saint of Birkirkara is St.Helen. The feast of the cross with the statue of St. Helen is held on the 3rd of May and that of St.Helen in August the 1st Sunday after the 18th which is her day of feast. Since St. Helen became an Empress her feast in this town is held in the morning as it is fitting for a queen.The statue which I can say is the most beautiful statue of all the statues in Malta is taken out of the Basilica of Birkirkara at 8.00am and a procession is held around the streets of the old part of Birkirkara up to 10.30am. After that High Mass in Honour of St.Helen is said at The Basilica. If you like to know more follow this link. www.bkara.com/sthelena.htm.

Regards to All who are reading my post.

Angelo

19. Melissa M

I have been praying to her for help with my marriage. Today I was worring a lot about my marriage, than this eve when I looked up at the TV, ST Helena church was on the news. WOW, I think she is telling me it will be ok!

20. krista

Because of her search for the cross, Helen is the female patron saint of archaeologists. Due to my fascination with archaeology (and, if I stay with the career I currently want, she'll be my patron saint), I chose Helen for my Confirmation name. ;)