St. Genevieve Comments

St. Genevieve was born about the year 422, at Nanterre near Paris. She was seven years old when St. Germain of Auxerre came to her native village on his way to great Britain to combat the heresy of Pelagius. The child stood in the midst of a crowd gathered around the man of God, who singled her out and foretold her future sanctity. At her desire the holy Bishop led her to a church, accompanied by all the faithful, and consecrated her to God as a ... Continue Reading

1. MADDIE

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL SHE IS MY PATRON SAINT SHE IS GOING TO BE MY CONFIRMATION NAME!!

2. Adar

This is my Confirmation and Baptismal name. I love the way she lived her life and she inspired me to think about entering the religious life from a young age (7 or 8). :)

3. Olivia

Oh my goodness...this is going to be MY confirmation name too! Partly because she is such a role model, partly because I wanted a unique, and beautiful name as Genevieve! ;D

4. grace

i think this is my confirmation name which i appointed for a long time between this and other names....
    can't wait to be confirm

5. Molly

I'm deciding between St. Genevieve and St. Josephine

6. annie

Genevieve is my confirmation name :) it's so pretty

7. Bridget

I definitely want to pick saint Genevieve for my confirmation name! It is such a beautiful name and one of her symbols is bread, I <3 bread!

8. hhkkkkk

I love st Genevieve.shes my confirmation saint too!!!!!!!!!!!

9. E.P

I love Saint Genevieve! She's my confirmation saint!

10. miley

This website is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Genevieve

Genevieve is my name and i love it!!!!!

12. ev1122

This is a really cool saint. My school is having an All Saints Day dress up day and I'm SO going to be her

13. Susan

I love the name Genevieve

14. Sam

I confirmed in March, and was drawn to her story. The more I read about her, the more I know she was meant to be my patron saint. God really is watching over us and has a plan. Good luck to all of you confirming.

15. jeffrey daniels

Have you heard the song by Son Volt? Apparently he wrote the song after the townsfolk of St. Genevieve, Missorri kept the Mississippi River from flooding their town. The song is very interesting and the melody is reminiscent of old timey crooning.

16. chevonne

my mum has the same name Genevieve i am doing this for confirmation it is fun thanks.

17. Patricia

As a child, I was inspired by St Genevieve's life story to choose Genevieve as my confirmation name, the only one in my class full of Marys, Catherines, Elizabeths etc. I also named my daughter, now nearly 16, after her. She's also called by the diminutive Gigi for short. Genevieve is a patron saint a girl can take pride in. So many female saints seem to have been rather passive role models, at least according to the stories passed down to our time, but Genevieve was a community leader.

18. Meg

I love her story! I've chosen her for my Confirmation later this year!

19. Chloe

Yeh I'm doing St. Genevieve for my confirmation which is really soon.

20. Aly

Awh, I love this name :]
    I'm added it to my full name after i made confirmation
    i was supposed to do elizabeth but i just fell in love with this story & name