St. Genevieve Comments

St. Genevieve was born about the year 422, at Nanterre near Paris. She was seven years old when St. Germain of Auxerre came to her native village on his way to great Britain to combat the heresy of Pelagius. The child stood in the midst of a crowd gathered around the man of God, who singled her out and foretold her future sanctity. At her desire the holy Bishop led her to a church, accompanied by all the faithful, and consecrated her to God as a ... Continue Reading

1. hi

u should give the story of her life

2. Genevive

My name also Genevive and I loved her life story. St. Genevive pray for me that I may Love God and help the needy.

3. Vanessa

I'm getting my Confirmation done soon and I saw Genevieve under rain which is my favorite weather, so I clicked on the name and read that amazing story. She is going to be my Confirmation name and now that's my favorite name!

4. Genevieve Gollnick

Kateri Tehkakwitha was a God Fearing virgin who loved Jesus and Mary. She was called Lily of the Mohawks. and spent her time in deep prayer and helping others. She was baptized in 1676 and had a short life and died in 1680 at the age of 24. Because of her devotions and immense sacrifices she became admired by her own people and the Jesuits priests who were her spiritual guides. After her death many healings and miracles were credited to her intervention. Years later a Bishop for Quebec who did not know her personally but became aware of her spiritual impact called her the Genevieve of Canada. Saint Genevieve of Paris and Kateri were sisters of faith and of the heart.

5. Julia

I am so doing her 4 my confirmation and i have 2 do a project on my saint, well now I have chosen..........
    SAINT GENEVIEVE

6. zoe

oh my god this is my saint too

7. EVELYN

OMG I LOVE THIS SAINT WE ARE SO MUCH ALIKE WE BOTH ARE GENEROUS TO PEOPLE AND DO ALOT OF CHARITY WORK.SHES SO GOING TO BE MY CONFERMATION NAME:)

8. Mary Elizabeth

We also loved this name....and what a great story! We named our daughter Jenivieve, who was born on January 18th. A little twist on the spelling, but we also incorporated it from our dear friend "Jeni" who passed one year ago on Jan 1st.
    God Bless you Saint Genivieve!

9. ashley

this is soooooo giong to be my conformation name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Chloe

i heart this name its so pretty

11. Troy

Such a beautiful lady, such a beautiful name. She's my confirmation patron Saint!

12. renee

omg i luv this name its beautiful and its going to be confirmation saint name :)

13. Marie

This is going to be our 1st daughter's name. It is beautiful and so feminine.
    We have 5 boys...
    Matthew, Marcus, Luke, John and Thomas.
    Needless to say, she will be a well protected young lady!

14. Shell

i love her!!! she is totally my confrimation name!! <3

15. Nichole

So i was going to do saint Gwen but she was the saint of having 3 breasts so...

16. SoonToBeGenevieve

Thank you so much! I have been interested in Genevieve since fourth grade and now she is my Confirmation Saint!

17. ang

i love this name. my teacher named her daughter Genevieve and i fell in love wih the name. i am getting confirmed later this year and i am using this name. at first i only picked it cause i liked it, but i know not only like it for the beauty of the name and the saint but for the story that lies behind it. thanks so much for this website, it is so helpful.

18. Jenna

My mom was going to name me genevieve, but she named me jenna for short. ;)

19. Tess

this is my confirmation name.. It's so pretty. I love the story too... :)

20. Genevieve

I came looking for a page to share with Facebook friends. My mom and Busia would call me every year on January 3rd to wish me a happy name's day - one of the many little things I miss dearly about them. It's cool to see all these other Genevieves on here - both by birth and confirmation. I never knew another Genevieve growing up except friends of my Busia (grandmother). Nice to see more young people with this great name =)