St. Genevieve Comments

St. Genevieve was born about the year 422, at Nanterre near Paris. She was seven years old when St. Germain of Auxerre came to her native village on his way to great Britain to combat the heresy of Pelagius. The child stood in the midst of a crowd gathered around the man of God, who singled her out and foretold her future sanctity. At her desire the holy Bishop led her to a church, accompanied by all the faithful, and consecrated her to God as a ... Continue Reading

1. Robert Spanicciati

Thank you St. Genevieve! A special prayer for Genevieve Lancaric who is so very special! Keep her and Ivan safe and close to your heart forever! Amen!

2. Bella

Thank you saint Genevieve you are now my confirmation saint please pray for me

3. Celine

I cannot chose between St. Genevieve or St. Joan of Arc for my Confirmation name.

4. Jen

Definately my confirmation name

5. Genevieve Eneda

Hi st Genevieve I was sad when my Rev father gave me that name but now am enjoying the name. I am also generious but pls help me so that I can pray always.

6. Chris

As a father of 2 daughters, upon reading about the life of St. Genevieve, have decided to choose her for my saint for the year. Her faith, intelligence and commitment to virginity for herself and other young women is inspiring, especially today, in a world that seems to put little value on such things. I'll pray for her intercession and assistance, for both myself and family, throughout the year.

7. Janice

i chose this name for my Confirmation last year ... the reason i chose St Genevieve as my name for confirmation is because i would like to work for charity too ! i will make St Genevieve as my role model ! St Genevieve pls pray for me so that i could work for charity and as well as help the needy !

8. Jenna

My name is sort of a shorter version of this name....

9. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Genevieve, Please pray for me to listen to God always as you did!

10. M

St. Genevieve, please intercede that I may have the discipline, desire, strength, and will to imitate your life of prayer, fasting and good works. I pray that I can be closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ that He will always be my first love.

11. Allan Stairs

Maybe she obtained me the blessing to go to Paris often when I was living in France. As I ask the saints in Heaven to pray for my most important intentions I thank her for the graces she already has obtained for me.

12. christie

St. Genevieve, pray for us to imitate your life of prayer, fasting and almsgiving, which will bring us closer to Jesus and His beloved Mother Mary. What you did in motivating the people of Paris saved them from the barbarian, Attila the Hun, saved Paris from being ransacked and ruined. Help us dear, sweet saint to be holy and prayerful in the most provocative circumstances of everyday life. With a constant prayer life we too can triumph, as we are all called to be saints. Amen.

13. Marvin

St Genevieve, please pray for me today that all will go well for me at my meeting. Thank you for your intercession...amen.

14. Edgar Sakaya

wonderful saint and I wish I and you all people live the same just life with daring acts of prayers, repenting and glorifying God to the needy all around the places where we live

15. soosai

Thanks God having given us wonderful saints to pray for us.

16. Tessy J

When I was a child , I too heard about St. Genevieve( as genevieve Sept 15th says) through the story ( that she was married & had a child & suffered a lot as soon as her husband left for war & was reunited with him when he went hunting after some years .)

And when I googled St. Genevieve, I got a completely different story - the same one as on this site.
    I am so confused. Does anyone know which is the real story of her life?
    Can anyone please tell me ?

17. Olivia

I really love St. Genevieve, but I can't decide on whether to do her for my confirmation name or St. Julia....

18. Amos

This is my first daughter's name, i love the name and my daughter too
    ST. Genevieve pray for us amen.

19. Emily

I really love her story and it is such a pretty name. (: This is definitely gonna be my confirmation name. Saint Genevieve caught my eye while I was looking at the Saints to pick one for my confirmation. If I had to choose another name for myself it would be Genevieve, it's so pretty and elegant to me. (:
    God Bless.

20. Genevieve A

Hi my good listiners, my baptisimal name is Geneviev from birth. I read abt this saint in my primary sch days. I vowed 2 maintain my virginity.during those days. I was with God. He show me a lot in dreams. When i wake up,it wil happen physical. Bt after i enter the university, i leav a dirty life without Christ. Al My favours disappeared .i sufferd fu 10yrs of no achievment. Den i remenbered my children holy life /favours then. Hw i serve God. I went back 2 my life prayer/fasting. Now by Christ, i have recovered 100 folds my lost glorys. I advice my readers to follow this Saint in her purity/ virginity.de God whom she served them wil locate you.amen