St. Elizabeth of Portugal Comments

Elizabeth was a Spanish princess who was given in marriage to King Denis of Portugal at the age of twelve. She was very beautiful and very lovable. She was also very devout, and went to Mass every day. Elizabeth was a holy wife, but although her husband was fond of her at first, he soon began to cause her great suffering. Though a good ruler, he did not imitate his wife's love of prayer and other virtues. In fact, his sins of impurity gave great ... Continue Reading

1. Angelica Rooney

hi!i love learning about saints but i love learnig about st.elizabeth of portugal!do you?bye, see you next year!

2. Minnie

I think St. Elizabeth is amazing and wonderful.

3. riza

hi im riza i just want you to know that i love saint elizabeth.thank you

4. nevaeh

I go to catholic school. We pck a saint to be for all saints day, and dress up as them on Oct. 31. This sight helped a lot!

5. Emely

It was kind of helpful but I still need more information about her.

6. franciss

i'm choosing St. Elizabeth for my confirmation....she is a really good role model for everybody..........i really loved her she really helped me :)

7. Dancer

I picked St elizabeth for my confirmation saint name!!:)

8. lily

i chose saint elizabeth for my confirmation. i think she is a great role model!

9. Thomas Ashu

St.Elizabeth,pray for me & my family so that we always have mass commitment in our lives.St. Elizabeth,pray for us.

10. Christine

Saint Elizabeth of Portugal, Exemplary wife and queen, you were a mother too. Did your children bring you joy and happiness? Did worry and concern cloud your mind and overshadow your thoughts? A mother's yoke can be so heavy. Pray for me and for mothers everywhere. Intercede for us through Our Blessed Lady, supreme mother of us all; she too shared our happiness and our pain. Help children to see the roses of love we hide behind our stony hearts. Help children to understand the value of marriage and service to God. Help children to return the love they receive. As you returned the love God gave to you; as you understood the sacredness of your marriage vows; as you gave roses to the poor. Amen.

11. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Elizabeth,
    Pray for me to lead a life, that is pleasing to God!

12. shelton wijesiri

I have a great respect to Portuguese.Because they are the people who introduced Christianity to my country Srilanka.Today I am very very happy being a catholic.Because of Portuguese. thank you.

13. Arlene

My confirmation name is Elizabeth. Very lovely story about her, good does win out over evil , I hope she watches over all of us and intercedes for us with Jesus.

14. Christine

Hello!
    Message to the people who write article:
    This saint is much celebrated in Portugal. She is represented as a lady wearing a crown with roses pouring down her lap. The story being that, although forbidden to do so by her husband, the King, Elizabeth (Isabel) was givind bread to the poor from a stock wrapped up in her apron. The King happened upon her in the streets of Coimbra and challenged her presence there. 'What are you hiding in your apron, Madam?' her reply was 'Roses, my Lord!' As she opened her apron to show him what she was carrying, the bread had indeed changed into roses.
    A beautiful story that needs to be passed on, if only to understand why Elizabeth of Portugal is represented as she is!
    My prayer to her today will follow.
    Yours in the unity of Our Lord,
    Christine Robinson

15. Lynda

Great inspirational read on how important Mass is. It is life saving and have known it to be even life saving for a people during the Feb Earth quake as well!

16. Kaitlyn

I wish this site would have the Portuguese story and how she started the festas :)

17. Rachael

Ive chosen her as my confirmation name cause she's just like me and she is a peacemaker just like me!

18. bella

I was going to have her my sanit name its good to know a little more

19. carlie

pretty helpful, im doing a last minute project so st elizabeth is perfect! lots of info too.

20. abbi

Trying to pick a confirmation name. Any suggestions???