St. Charbel Comments

Youssef Antoun Makhlouf was born in 1828, in Bekaa Kafra (North Lebanon). He had a true Christian upbringing, which had given him a passion for prayer. Then he followed his two hermit uncles in the hermitage of the St Antonious Kozhaya monastery and was converted to monastic and hermetical life. In 1851, he left his family village and headed for the Our Lady of Maifouk monastery to spend his first monastic year, and then he went to the St Maron ... Continue Reading

1. sally
    10 months ago

Saint Charbel is the patron Saint of MIRACLES.
    He cured my father from a fatal disease. He is phenomenal. I can tell you many stories about Him, but it needs millions of books and not just few lines. He is the Saint of Saints. I'm glad I live in the country of Saints: Lebanon.
    God bless you all !!

2. Sabbas nyuysemo
    11 months ago

When i followed a program in ratio kto france about saint charbel i just said woah. But the next day in my office while going through the list of saints, i happen to read about in him more detailly. That moment i wished have him as my patron saint, and i am sure he will listen to me as he has done for others. Remember me and my family oh saint charbel in your intercessions. Amen.

3. Ray Lanfear

Several months at St Sharbel Maronite mission here in Las Vegas, a mass was said by two priests from Mexico. Shortly, after the Mass, parishioners noted that the St. Sharbel, statute was bleeding oil from the head, chest, and palms. The Knights of Columbus were called to guard the statute 24/7. I actually saw the "bleeding oil" with my wife. The statute has since been moved to a protective plexi glass case with lock near the Alter of the church. So if you ever get to Las Vegas, come visit the statute and see and judge for yourself, this miracle.

4. Clare Duru

I love st charbel i have experinced his miracle and want everybody to experience his powerful intercession to restore theit faith and trust in God

5. Amy

I am so touched by this Saint and I actually cried while reading about him.

6. Jason

This is my favorite saint, I am Lebanese.

7. Zeina

Saint Charbel is my favorite saint !! Proud to be Lebanese

8. Edith

How happy i am to read about St Charbel. When i first saw the picture, it looked familiar to my eyes as if i had seen him before. I hungered for more info and that led me to this site. How lucky i am to learn about this Saint. St Charbel, inspire Jessica with more desire for love of Jesus in the Eucharist. Amen

9. Larry

When I recently made a pilgrimage to the Virgin of Guadalupe Mexico City, I was surprised to frequently see images of St. Charbel. It was later explained to me by someone ,who married a Mexican City woman of Lebanese descent, that there is a large number of Lebanese who immigrated to Mexico many years ago. They introduced their devotion of their favorite saint to Mexico.

10. marilu

i would like to know more about st charbel and the colors of ribbons, and what they mean. and where i can buy the ribbon and the meaning of the colore.

11. Ed Decaen

I think yours is a good summary of his life but I am left hungry to read at least one example of miracles attributed to him. I, too want to know what he us considered the saint of. I understand he is popular in certain parts of Mexico or another part of Latinamerica. For what? I've been told Mexican immigrants to the U.S. consider him their patron saint.

12. jh

i like it

13. Antoine

Dear Sylvia
    You might need to search for info about st Charbel; but for sure you do not need to search for how you should pray for him. Just speak to him.

14. Allan Stairs

It would be good to make coincide his name with that given in the daily list of saints according to the date ( 24th of December ).
    I have a friend who has been extremely impressioned by this saint. No doubt the grace of God has been at work for His Glory

15. Chantal

I am happy to have read St. Charbel's story on the website, although he is not listed in the column of the most popular Saints. I believe that St. Charbel is the Saint of All Saints. St. Charbel never lets anyone down; pray for Him sincerely and all your wishes will come true. I am happy to have been born in a country where St. Charbel has existed.

16. Jim

Sylvia;if possible,visit St.Marons,Lebanese Roman Catholic Church,in Philadelphia,10th & ellsworth st. . They have his relic there,and others. Many miracles have been reported at this church.

17. Sylvia Diaz

Hello. My name is Sylvia. A few months back, I had a dream of St. Charbel. Prior to this dream, I had never heard of him. Yesterday, I had a long conversation on a bus ride with a lady seated next to me. She told me something inside her told her to give me a gift. She told me to carry it always with me. I thanked her and opened it and it was a small medallion of St. Charbel. I got chills all over and was surprised. I told her about my dream and she said that he knows of my necessity and that he wants to help me. She said I should pray to him. Does anyone know what he is the saint of? I am doing some research to find out how I should pray to him (novena, rosary, etc.)

18. christie

St. Charbel, a Maronite saint, I'm happy to know is united and truly acknowledged in the RomanCatholic church. As a catholic, I excited to hear how these wonderful saints lived a life of prayer, seclusion, discipline and sacrifice and how God has honoured St. Charbel.Today St. Charbel, I beg you to intercede for my grandson, Christian's full recovery from every torment of fragile X. Heal him of epileptic fits, separation anxiety, tip toeing hand flapping, pervasive developmental delays. Help him to speak, communicate, read, write, learn and flourish. Grant him full recovery: health of mind and body.

19. robin

I was looking to see what is St Charbel the patron saint of ... and did not see that in the article ... but I enjoyed reading the article anyway... still need to know what he is the patron saint of too

20. Marianne

I am of Lebanese origin and St. Charbel is one of my favorite saints.
    You did a nice job telling his story and I suggest you add the dates of his beatification (Dec. 5, 1965) and canonization (Oct. 9, 1977). Thank you.