St. Catherine of Bologna Comments

St. Catherine of Bologna, Virgin (Patroness of Artists) Feast - March 9th Born in 1413, Catherine de Vigri was the daughter of a diplomatic agent of the Marquis of Ferrara. At the age of eleven, she was appointed maid of honor to the daughter of the Marquis and shared her training and education. When the daughter eventually married, she wanted Catherine to remain in her service, but Catherine left the court and became a Franciscan Tertiary at ... Continue Reading

1. Jessica lynne cathrine Tomlinson

I chose st. Cathrine because she is wonderful and I am a celeb artist who pInted her picture and now it's in a museum.

2. Nora

I'm 13 & getting ready to be confirmed, and I'm pretty sure I'll choose this saint too. I love drawing, and when I learned that St. Catherine was also a violinist like me, I just found her story perfect.

3. deark drem

This is a really good pice of information. My sister is going to pick this saint. And I like it.:)

4. Que Sera

i'm picking saint catherine for my confirmation name

5. Hayley

Doing my Confirmation on her. I LOVE ART! (plus her story is great)

6. Kelly

I'm also getting confirmed, and have to write a page on why I chose her. Thanks for this article, it really helped! I love the Arts, and her story is great.

7. Jessie

I'm 19 years old and was confirmed a few years ago. I chose Catherine as my saint name because of my love of art. She has a beautiful story.

8. Katherine

Haha that's very funny! I chose her for my confirmation too. I guess she's an interesting person to thirteen year olds. ;-)

9. Syddo

I love art and I can't wait to be confirmed with Catherine at my side!

10. Mary

I think she is a really cool saint and I want to choose her for my Confirmation, but I can't figure out why she is the patron saint of artists. I love art and that's one of the reasons I am choosing her. Can anyone help me?

11. confused4confermation

I might choose her or Saint Cecilia for confirmation. Really love art and music!!

12. Zhane

I picked Catherine for my saint name and I'm happy I did it.

13. Acceb

I am choosing her too for conformation because i love art and her feast day is my birthday ironic!

14. laura pemberton

i am choosing saint Catherine for confirmation because i love art!!!!!!

15. Chevy

One of the many wonderful things about our Catholic faith is that it can help us to find common ground with other people. Catharine of Bologna has a message for Rebecca and for Carly, even though their life stories are probably pretty different. Our faith connects us with others; when we can find ourselves in them, we become more able to find compassion in ourselves.

16. Rebecca

I also picked Saint Catherine as my saint name for my confirmation because she went through some pretty rough times like me :)

17. Miranda, 16

I am choosing this for my Confirmation name too! I am also an artist, and a lot of her personality is a lot like mine!

18. Carly V.

I'm choosing Cathrine of Bologna as my saint for confirmation too. I am an artist and I think she and I have a lot in common. I'm a perfectionist too. :)

19. lucy lu

i looooooved this article.

20. Maddy G.

i am also 14 and will go through confirmation this year. i have chosen this saint for my confirmation.