St. Catherine of Bologna Comments

St. Catherine of Bologna, Virgin (Patroness of Artists) Feast - March 9th Born in 1413, Catherine de Vigri was the daughter of a diplomatic agent of the Marquis of Ferrara. At the age of eleven, she was appointed maid of honor to the daughter of the Marquis and shared her training and education. When the daughter eventually married, she wanted Catherine to remain in her service, but Catherine left the court and became a Franciscan Tertiary at ... Continue Reading

1. Joyce
    11 months ago

A good summary of someone who sounds like a great saint to have as a patron especially for those inclined to art and poetry.

2. RAS
    11 months ago

I think that you could use Catherine as a name!

I'm looking for a saint for confirmation, and am considering using St. Catherine, because I love drawing, and any type of art, especially music.

3. ruddy

dear all i wanna ask, can i use saint catherine of bologna for my daughter name? please reply asap thanks

4. chet bas

happy feast day St. Catherine of Bologna. Thank you for our visit to Bologna, we hope to visit you again some day.

5. Aleah

I love this saint because I LUV art. I'm eleven and we had a saint block project and I choose St. Catherine of Bologna. She is AMAZING! THX U 4 INFO! RLLY HELPED!

6. alisha

i loved the story she was a great saint and now also she is................

7. noah

i like the story, but... what is wrong with her face? it looks like it got dipped in boiling oil. ugh...

8. Kaile

I love art so she Is very interesting:)

9. Eden

I Love Art!!!

i have to say that this story was truly inspiring.
    i learned a lot. I did this saint because I love art and i am thinking of becoming a professional when i grow up. This website is cool too!

I'll definitely be coming to this site to look up more saints in the future!

God Bless!

10. Crystal

Well to be honest I was only looking in here because I have to write my Saint essay for Church, and it's due in two days. I didn't expect for this to be so inspiring, but I actually have to say it definitely is. And it hits real close to my heart because I love to draw, and just art in general. Well I certainly found my saint.

11. Abby

Looks like a lovely saint, but is there something wrong with her face or is it just me?

12. jenna

this was inspireing to me because i like to draw

13. Lolita M. Ranchero

Her life story is very inspiring. Together with Mother Mary and other saints please intercede for us in this time of modern time persecution to the Catholic church.

14. Ciah

I'm getting confirmed on the 11th March and I can't wait to have Catherine as my name. I chose her because I have a passion for art. But I can't find out what year she became a saint. Please help I have to have my report done in 3 days!!!

15. Max

As an artist, I find her extremely inspiring! :)

16. gdudgfqiu iegdfwekdgeilg

I am getting confirmed this year but I don't know what beatitude might have influenced her life. I need to know this for my Saint Report. If you know the answer please let me know.

17. Erica

I am 13 and I picking this saint for my confirmation name. I wasn't sure which saint, because I was thinking of many different ones. As soon as I looked up the patron saint of art, I found this article and knew i wanted to use her name as my confirmation name. I really like art and thats why i chose her. The article was really helpful too and the picture was really neat, because you dont find many saint's bodies that you can actually go to and see today! :)

18. Sabrina

I am 14 years old, and we are doing a saint project on three saints. Canonized, modern, and living. We had to choose people who relate to us in a personality or personal way. I chose St. Catherine because she is the parton saint of artists. I am also an artist. I am head over heels in love with art. It is what basically makes life. I want to become a professional artist and I am hoping that St. Catherine is with me and guides me on my path. I love this article. It is fabulous.

19. Tori Z.

Im in 7th grade and my teacher said to choose a saint to relate to any Catholic social teaching. He told us to choose the same one as we were going to choose for our confirmation and of course i looked right away for the patron of art. At first i was creeped out by the mummified body but after reading her story i knew she was the one to choose. :)

20. Meg

I'm 14 and love art especially sculpture, I wanted to know who the patron saint of art was and found Catherine seeing her story adds to my interests as I love music to the other comments add to the idea of taking her for my confirmation... She sounds to be an amazing person I'd love to laern more any ideas where to look?